Low Carb

Options
I'm doing the low carb diet. Can I still use my fitness pal?

Replies

• Cheriesaurus
    Cheriesaurus Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yep, you can set how many carbs you want to have a day by going to home > goals > change goals and lower your carb.

Goodluck on carb, it worked for me for a while and I didn't yoyo but I couldn't maintain it for life so now I'm just doing calories instead to lose the rest of the weight. :)
  • CX24
    CX24 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Atkins induction for 2 weeks and Fitness Pal is helpful, even though it's primarily focused on calories. I just check carbs in Nutrition stats.
  • LorettaB1967
    LorettaB1967 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I was going to do the carb thing until I got to goal and then just watch the calories and stick to it. I've yoyo'ed so many times in my life...got to get it right this time.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    you should look into carb cycling. Low carb diets suck! They work well at first but it gets harder to maintain and you will lack energy and be tired a lot.
  • heavenangel84
    heavenangel84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on the paleo diet. Hoping it works! Wishing you the best
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
  • LorettaB1967
    LorettaB1967 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Got my setting right now and onto day 4. Still doing great! William what I'm going to try to do is start with low carb to boost my metabolism and then slowly switch over to calories. Fingers crossed!