Hi! Looking for motivation buddies!

Options
Started a couple of momths ago amd have lost 15lbs out of a goal of 40lbs but I am a little stuck. So I thought maybe having a few buddies will help me stay motivated! Offer same support!

Replies

• farmman25
    farmman25 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Let's rock and roll
    Send me ur exercise plan I will send out mine in the morning
  • Ragdoll_7
    Ragdoll_7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi cveg! I am looking for motivation buddies too! I want to lose 20-25 pounds by July.

A little bit about me: I am a school teacher. I used to be active (I had a love/hate relationship with running and loved salsa dancing) but was in a car accident 1.5 years ago and sustained a lower back injury. I have had a slow recovery and wasn't able to work out until recently. I gained 20 pounds since the accident and I am sick of carrying around the excess weight and wearing tight pants. I got engaged in October, so I have some extra motivation to get in shape for the wedding on July 5th.

What's your story? How can we help each other?
  • cveg2014
    Options
    Hi Ragdoll_7
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Exciting time for sure!
    I am a stay at home mom with 2 school age boys, and I have gained weight that have not lost during the pregnancies and afterwards too. So i found myself over 40lbs overweight and something had to change. Started tracking with MFP in late October and plan on continuing my efforts until all of the 40 lbs are gone, hopefully October to mark 1 year of this conscious effort.
    I also love salsa (and anything one can dance to) but haven't danced in ages (hubby doesn't dance)
    I log in everyday so if you need accountability buddy I'm here!!
  • Mom0823
    Mom0823 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am also looking to lose weight. I am a stay-at-home mom of two teens. I lost the weight a few years back but it has gradually climbed back up. I would like to lose 25 pounds and could use accountability buddies. I am tracking my food and trying to work out everyday. That part isn't going quite as planned... I do log in everyday and fill in my meals. Just have to get motivated to get those workouts in! I also am trying to lower cholesterol. Want to be around for a long time to come and don't want to take meds. I use Zumba, Insanity, P90X, and others.
  • cveg2014
    Options
    Mom0823
    I am on blood pressure meds, and so want to get off them! My cholesterol was also on the high side but doc figured we try losing and eating better.
    For activity I started using the fitbit step counter, so I could at least see if I was moving enough. Just doing stuff around house I do get the 10k most days, that proved that I eat to much! I look forward to buddy-ing up and keeping each other motivated!
  • cveg2014
    Options
    farmman25 wrote: »
    Let's rock and roll
    Send me ur exercise plan I will send out mine in the morning

No formal exercise plan here! Yet!
    Need to start though if I want to get going again! In process of selling house so doing a lot of cleaning for showings and not a lot of time available