Good Cereal Brand

Options
What are you favorite cereal brand that are good for you? In particular, I'm looking for high fiber. My personal favorite is Kix cereal.

Replies

• zab12101
    zab12101 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    lpwtxhbgkabb.jpg
    I like this one particularly its 14 grams of fiber and if you mix it with the chocolate 80 cal one that has 9 grams of fiber boom you got 23 grams right there and it definitely holds me down til my next meal
  • Jimmyftw94
    Jimmyftw94 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    zab12101 wrote: »
    lpwtxhbgkabb.jpg
    I like this one particularly its 14 grams of fiber and if you mix it with the chocolate 80 cal one that has 9 grams of fiber boom you got 23 grams right there and it definitely holds me down til my next meal

Wow 14g of fiber. Thanks alot will definity try.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I don't eat cereal super frequently, but good cereals to me need to be GF (digestive upset otherwise). I currently enjoy Chex Honey Nut, and Natures Path has a maple one that is GF. There aren't many GF options. I WOULD however love cinnamon toast crunch if they made a GF alternative.
  • Jimmyftw94
    Jimmyftw94 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    I don't eat cereal super frequently, but good cereals to me need to be GF (digestive upset otherwise). I currently enjoy Chex Honey Nut, and Natures Path has a maple one that is GF. There aren't many GF options. I WOULD however love cinnamon toast crunch if they made a GF alternative.

I'm sorry I'm a noob. What does GF stand for in nutrition?
  • zab12101
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Gluten free
  • hapa11
    hapa11 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I love Grape Nuts and Weetabix.
  • zab12101
    Options
    Jimmyftw94 wrote: »
    zab12101 wrote: »
    lpwtxhbgkabb.jpg

Wow 14g of fiber. Thanks alot will definity try.

Try mixing the 2 or at least another into the mix because it isn't the best tasting.the great thing is they are low in calories and only about 8 net carbs
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Cheerios don't have a ton of fiber, but they have some and are so yummy. Raisin Bran has a good amount of fiber. Cereal is an easy way to pack some fiber into the diet. My Raisin Bran has more fiber than the Fiber One bars. :)
  • MariMcKeon
    MariMcKeon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Cheerios are part of my routine at least 3x /week
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Jimmyftw94 wrote: »
    ana3067 wrote: »

I'm sorry I'm a noob. What does GF stand for in nutrition?
    Yes, sorry, gluten-free. Nothing to do with nutrition and all to do with... I guess "allergies" if you want a blanket term. But I've not been tested... so gastrointestinal distress issues?
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Scroll all the way through (down to the bottom youll find a whole list of cereals):
    http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2013/09/best-high-fiber-cereal-high-fiber-cereal-cereal-consumer-reports/index.htm
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    add some raspberries for 7 additional g of fiber /100g of berries and abt 50% of your vit. C needs. They were on sale at the store today that's why they are on my mind. I put some on my steel cut oatmeal - totalled 11g of fiber.
  • MariMcKeon
    MariMcKeon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    ALWAYS add fruit (strawberries or blueberries for me) to cereal......helps fill me up
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'm bad when it comes to cereal. I love me some Lucky Charms or Honey Nut Cheerios, though. I've been eating Blueberry Frosted Mini Wheats, which has 6g of fiber per serving and tastes delicious.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    maxit wrote: »
    add some raspberries for 7 additional g of fiber /100g of berries and abt 50% of your vit. C needs. They were on sale at the store today that's why they are on my mind. I put some on my steel cut oatmeal - totalled 11g of fiber.
    Agreed. Raspberries are a fiber-packed fruit and so yummy.

You can buy really big bags of frozen raspberries and strawberries pretty cheap! :)