80 pounds down...

Options
80 pounds down since August 10th 2014....working on my 6 packs and building muscle mass.

Replies

• lovelybutterfly91
    Options
    Congrats on the achievement. How did you lose the 80 lbs any tips??
  • motheflyer
    motheflyer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    mee5jfi6n3ln.jpg
  • motheflyer
    Options
    1500 calories/day mostly out of protein...kept my fats intake to about 45 grams/day and about 50-80 grams of carbs. Tried my best to not go below 150 grams of protein/day. For girls I would say around 50-70 grams/day would do it! My first 2 months was pure dieting without working out, then started doing 1 hour moderate cardio 5 days/week. Now down to 35-40 minutes cardio 5 days/week and lifting moderate 4 days/week. I believe the trick is upping your protein intake and lowering your carbs. I wouldn't worry about the fats much. After all, 80% of your weight loss journey is in the kitchen and only about 15-20% is @ the gym. I hope you find some helpful ideas in my post :smile:
  • Ajaxlost
    Ajaxlost Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! just starting out and you're an inspiration!
  • motheflyer
    Options
    Thank you Amy! If I can do it so can you!! Keep pushing forward girl! :smile:
  • deniztuzu2
    deniztuzu2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have adopted the same approach regarding the macros, hopefully will see similar results. Good job on your weight loss.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    motheflyer wrote: »
    1500 calories/day mostly out of protein...kept my fats intake to about 45 grams/day and about 50-80 grams of carbs. Tried my best to not go below 150 grams of protein/day. For girls I would say around 50-70 grams/day would do it! My first 2 months was pure dieting without working out, then started doing 1 hour moderate cardio 5 days/week. Now down to 35-40 minutes cardio 5 days/week and lifting moderate 4 days/week. I believe the trick is upping your protein intake and lowering your carbs. I wouldn't worry about the fats much. After all, 80% of your weight loss journey is in the kitchen and only about 15-20% is @ the gym. I hope you find some helpful ideas in my post :smile:

I agree. This works for me, too. Congrats! You look great!
  • nikitad123
    nikitad123 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow this is incredible! Such an amazing transformation in such a short time span! Congratulations. I have just adopted the same approach for my diet, lets hope its as good for me lol.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What has been the reaction of people around you? They must have thought your were melting away!
  • motheflyer
    Options
    nikitad123 wrote: »
    Wow this is incredible! Such an amazing transformation in such a short time span! Congratulations. I have just adopted the same approach for my diet, lets hope its as good for me lol.

I'm sure it'll work for you Niki...just start easy and don't stress over anything. Just take the first step and have faith! :smile:
  • motheflyer
    Options
    astrose00 wrote: »
    Congrats! What has been the reaction of people around you? They must have thought your were melting away!

Yes!! At first people thought I wasn't gonna make it, then they were surprised. Especially people that I haven't seen for a while...when they saw my results, they were shocked and now I have my whole neighborhood dieting and exercising!! LOL
  • motheflyer
    Options
    deniztuzu2 wrote: »
    I have adopted the same approach regarding the macros, hopefully will see similar results. Good job on your weight loss.

Thank you! And good luck with you journey as well....it's not easy but it's worth it my friend! :smile:
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Great job. I'm about the same and in about the same amount of time.
  • mariaoutlook
    Options
    Well done!
  • fizzleh
    fizzleh Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congrats! you must be really proud of your achievement!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!