NSV very personal to me - advise to read overview at top bef

Options
* This NSV is regarding natural removal of of digested food waste from the human body, and a medical condition regarding this - am writing this so as not to offend anyone who reads on and then is offended in any way*

I have suffered for many years with a medical condition called fecal impaction - its basically where your bowel is unable to pass digested food waste, it remains in your bowel, any and all water is absorbed by your body and then it's almost impossible to pass.

With this condition comes weakening of muscles, making this condition progressively worse over the months - when I was young I was told by many GPs that I was just too lazy to go potty, when fact was, I was trying, and it wasnt working.

For the problem to be naturally resolved (after approx 3-4 weeks of no bowel movement) your bowel and intestines are completely full and food eaten has no where to go from your stomach - your body is unable to absorb the liquid (as this is done in the intestine) - long story short is that this food and liquid eventually acts as a natural lubricant and, after a LOT of pain you're lucky if you manage to pass anything.

Due to stretched muscles, it takes approx twice the amount of natural waste to accumulate before your brain registers you need to potty, by this time, it's often either too much to pass, or, if you can, its extremely painful - and that's without the water absorbsion that takes place over 2-3 weeks.

If potty doesn't or can't happen, there are a few other 'remedies' - wikipedia has info for anyone who is concerned that they may have this condition - it's not nice at all, most ppl who have it are too embarrassed to visit their GP, and suffer for months with the discomfort.

Anyway, 2 NSVs for me, following on from the above:

FIRST NSV:

When i started my new 'lifestyle' I again suffered with this, even though my fiber was so high, i have indeed lost most elasticity in my muscles from this condition - this week, 5 weeks after starting the new lifestyle, i went potty WITHOUT any additional help!!! There was no natural help either - then the following day, same again!

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IN APPROX 6 YEARS THAT THIS HAS HAPPENED! I am not 100% if its directly related to my new lifestyle and foods i'm taking in, but, even I have to admit, it's a coincidence.

SECOND NSV

quite small in comparision - floats! As above, for the last 6 years, it's been sinking like a battleship!

I must apologise to anyone who takes any sort of offense from this post - it truely isnt written to cause offense or disturb anyone - just a huge sigh of relief from me, and really hoping that this is diet related and not just a coincidence.

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    yay for regularity!!! I'm not offended at all, and I am happy for you that you feel better:flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed that healthy eating wins again. Good for you!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I know about this condition, it's a terrible thing. Great news that you seem to be getting on top of it, keep up the good work.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Tat must be so painful to live with. Good to hear you have found some relief x
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Oh boy! I so hope this is the start of a trend for you. Talk about motivation to continue! Good luck!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    :) I see a lot of people with bowel obstructions, and I realize how painful and difficult and embarrassing this can be. I think it's awesome that you posted this, who knows who will feel better because they now know they are not alone?!

Great job on your progress, hope it continues to go well!!
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Lol, join some canine forums, you soon stop being offended or disgusted by stuff like this :laugh:

Anyway, congrats on your NSV. The exercise you're doing could be helping as much as the diet in getting things moving. Whatever it is I hope it continues for you :smile:
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Congratulations! I myself require an enema about once a year due to "back up". Just one point though, you're poop is supposed to sink, not float. If it floats, according to Dr. Oz, you have too much fat in your diet. Just a thought.
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I know about this condition, it's a terrible thing. Great news that you seem to be getting on top of it, keep up the good work.
    well fingers crossed it's directly related to my getting rid of the takeaways and getting fresh food into me for the first time in years
    I know there are a lot of people out there in the world who suffer with this and it is horrible, and actually more embarrassing for me than the thought of streaking my 272lb body across a football pitch! lol
  • lulutm
    lulutm Posts: 57
    Options
    To anyone who IS offended...................:tongue:

Congrats to you!!! Good clean living wins again!!!! Awesome!!!
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I laughed so damn much at part 2!

Congrats, it shows your improving
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Options
    :) I see a lot of people with bowel obstructions, and I realize how painful and difficult and embarrassing this can be. I think it's awesome that you posted this, who knows who will feel better because they now know they are not alone?!
    i know i felt alone for months, actually had a nurse tell me it was 'freaky' - not something a young adult wants to be hearing really

if my post gives someone a starting point and point of reference if they think they are suffering from a similar condition, its really good how much information is on the web, as long as you remember that some of it isnt 100% correct :o)

i know its not PC to talk about that sort of stuff, but hey, its not like anyones gonna be stood outside my flat pointing at laughing at me from here hehe
  • lisaw325
    lisaw325 Posts: 12
    Options
    Wonderful! Healthy elimination is one of the keys to good health. I hope the trend continues for you. :)
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Congratulations! I myself require an enema about once a year due to "back up". Just one point though, you're poop is supposed to sink, not float. If it floats, according to Dr. Oz, you have too much fat in your diet. Just a thought.

really??? damn - well, i'll see floating as the fat getting expelled from my body *yay*
    i shall try and sink the battleships without absorbing all the water out first
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

I heard that a lot of fiber in there will cause it to float, which is what is desirable.

Anybody else?

I remember "float like a boat"
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    That's great! I don't know if I could handle having that condition so props to you for overcoming it (I'm pretty sure it is your new lifestyle that changed it). I hope you stay regular and it keeps floating!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Everyone-Poops-My-Body-Science/dp/192913214X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304632929&sr=8-1

I think it's great..1) that you're pooping and 2) that you're talking about it! It's an embarassing topic for most people but whatever! Everyone poops!
  • Shadowcasting
    Shadowcasting Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It is amazing what we take for granted sometimes, and what an impact it can have on our lives when things just don't work quite the way they're supposed to. I'm glad your body is begining to cooperate!!
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options

I heard that a lot of fiber in there will cause it to float, which is what is desirable.

Anybody else?

I remember "float like a boat"

I have heard fiber will make it float also. But, I know fat makes it float as well. I think too that everyone might be a little different and certain medical issues can affect whether it floats or sinks.
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    regularity is very important and I am so glad for your NSV! What a relief that must be! (no pun intended I swear, but truly it must have felt great!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!