TNT (Team In Training) Marathon Training

Options
Has anyone out there participated in this? If so, can you tell me what it's all about and what your experience was?

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I just finished training w/ TNT for a half marathon. I've been a runner and have run for 6+ years now, but this was my first experience w/ TNT. It was AWESOME! Such a great group of people to train with and for such a great cause. I highly recommend it! Let me know if you have any questions!
  • crazymomto3
    Options
    I'm actually doing TNT right now. I'm getting ready for the Seattle Rock N' Roll marathon in June. I've been a runner for many years so that hasn't been much of a challenge. The coaches are great and they will work with you and provide you with a training program.
    I have struggled with the fundraising. People will tell you that it's pretty easy and in some aspects-it is. But I signed up with TNT in January and have had 5 fundraisers so it is time consuming. The economy does not help much either and I've found that it's easier for me to raise funds doing fundraisers rather than doing letters and asking people I know for donations. People just don't seem to have the money right now.
    I signed up because of a couple of friends who have been diagnosed with leukemia and lymphoma and I wanted to help in some way.
    Read the paperwork and ask questions. If you sign up with TNT, at the half way point, you will be asked to recommitment. At this point, you should have 25% of your funds raised. It not, I wouldn't recommitment. They will ask for you credit card number and at the end of the fundraising (before your run) if you did not meet your goal, they will charge the remainder on your credit card. You have 2 weeks after your event to raise the remaining amount of money and your credit card will be credited. They do this because of the expenses they incur for you to run your event.
    I hope this is something that you will look into further and if you any other questions, I can try to help. I'm glad I can say that I did TNT and I wouldn't change that for the world. It's been a great experience.
  • aprylkemper
    aprylkemper Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    How much do you have to raise? I won't be able to attend their informational meeting this weekend because I'm signed up for a 10K at the same time.
  • crazymomto3
    Options
    The amount of money you have to raise depends on the event. For mine it was a minimum of $1800-and the max for the event was $2900. It depends on whether you need hotel and airfare. Usually TNT has several meetings in different places so if you can't make that one, there might be another one you can make. I know that in my area there were several different meetings to choose from.