Ideas Needed

Options
sweetnshy
sweetnshy Posts: 97
Looking for ideas to make for dinner. I have a pound of extra lean ground beef (94/6) sitting at home thawing in the fridge. Looking for healthy dinner ideas that my super picky bf would like :) He doesn't eat any veggies but corn, and I can sneak in onions into whatever I make and he doesn't notice, but beyond that, not so much...

Any suggestions?

Replies

• netsirk419
    netsirk419 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Tacos. They're easy to customize. I'm picky too and just add taco seasoning and put it on a tortilla.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Tacos

You can have all the extra veggies you want to add to your portions and he can have whatever else he wants to add to his.

I make the meat separate, put it and all the fixin's in different bowls on the table and everyone builds their own. I add fresh salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and black olives to mine and even a small amount of shredded cheese... Kids add sour cream, to theirs. A couple flour or steamed corn tortilla shells and I'm stuffed .... and nobody else feels deprived by my 'diet'.
    ~Namaste
  • w769irs
    w769irs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    beef burito with refreied beens salsa small amount of cheese.
    Whole wheat pita or wrap. Really good low cal at 341.
  • almindigo
    almindigo Posts: 8
    Options
    lol, reading your post, i would have thought i wrote it!!!

Try making hamburger hotdish with either whole grain macaroni noodles or regular.

i make this all the time and it's only about 150 calories per cup...plus i have lots of extras for work!!

Cook your noodles and beef

Mixing with the noodles and beef, use a 12-14 oz can of tomoato sauce...and the rest of these ingredients are as you desire...

diced onions (i do mine small so he can't complain), a can of corn, sugar to suit your taste, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt/pepper to your taste, a few swirls of ketchup on the top and mix it all together.

It's super simple, and you can customize it however you want! I never use a recipe!
  • Lacey34
    Lacey34 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Never mind. Wrong thread.
  • sweetnshy
    sweetnshy Posts: 97
    Options
    tacos are one of the few things I love that I can get him to eat. :) So we have those at least once a week. I use any leftovers for taco salads for lunch the next day. The hamburger hotdish does sound tempting...He loves hamburger helper...(I think it's disgusting) so he'd prolly like it...
  • almindigo
    almindigo Posts: 8
    Options
    ugh i really don't care for hamburger helper either, this has a very homeade taste to it.

and none of those yucky preservatives...

hope you figure out what to make:-)
  • MustangDesi
    Options
    Make Meatloaf!! mmmmmm =)
  • cougs12
    cougs12 Posts: 92
    Options
    sloppy joes or tacos.
  • BrendaK65
    BrendaK65 Posts: 3
    Options
    brown rice and rotel and hamburger meat

in a skillet with a little oil, pour uncooked brown rice jsut to cover bottom of skillet
    stir around until browned and pour in rotel
    while that simmers, cook and drain beef
    pour beef in mixture and serve

eeeeasy
  • sam456
    sam456 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    can't go wrong with spaghetti and meatballs! :) I have a recipe on my blog: http://happyheartrecipes.blogspot.com/ by husband *loves* it. I made it with chicken, but I'm sure it would taste great with beef!

-sam456
    Follow me on my blog!
    http://happyheartrecipes.blogspot.com/
  • Kaldrmjolka
    Kaldrmjolka Posts: 86
    Options
    Well if he doesn't like veggies I'd say cut some up SUPER fine and make a meat loaf or tacos.

If you don't want tacos make little sliders on wheat flat bread, or little burgers to put in wraps. <3
  • sam456
    sam456 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    oops would have helped if it was up! lol it was my "recipe for the week" :) sorry about that!

- sam456
    Follow me on my blog!
    http://happyheartrecipes.blogspot.com/