Are WW Smart Ones a bad idea?

Options
I noticed the WW Smart Ones are on sale and I thought about getting some for work since my lunch can be a mess and I usually run late grabbing things at the last moment. I'm just not sure if they are the way to go??

Replies

• alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    I know a lot of people swear by them, they aren't my favorite. If you like them just be careful of the sodium.
  • AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I ear them every day and have lost over 100 lbs doing so and I thonk they are buy far some of the best tasting meals...I like to get the asian meals and add an extra half cup of steamed rice to be more filling=)
  • jjhanlon
    jjhanlon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't think they are a bad idea at all - better than vending machine crap or fast food! I use them a lot if I know I'm going to be too busy to pack a lunch in the morning.
  • Rach911
    Rach911 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I personally LOVE them!! They have great flavor and have yet to find one that I don't like. I usually had a side of veggies or a salad to go with it, just to give me enough calories for the meal. However, any frozen meal tends to be high in sodium, so if you are keeping an eye on your sodium intake, be careful. Enjoy!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    like anything, not good if you overdo it, like eating it every day would be too often. But sometimes, the convenience outweighs the sodium hit. They pack a wallop!

a couple times per week won't hurt ya!
  • Leopardliz
    Leopardliz Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Prosessed food blah blah. I love them n eat them all tge time. They have a great variety and little calories. I get full with a whole one but u can evwn eat two for the amount of calories u eat out! Do it!
  • hellaamber
    hellaamber Posts: 12
    Options
    Not the worst, but not the best. I used to be an avid SmartOne-er, but not only was I always starving after lunch, but I noticed I wasn't losing any significant weight. What the hell right? My super health conscience friend and coworker informed me that frozen meals like that are packed with preservatives and chemicals, nothing very nutritious about 'em. So I made the switch to packing my own lunch with fresh ingredients, usually using leftovers from my now healthy dinners. Shortly after I switched, I realized I was actually full after lunch while consuming way less calories (SmartOnes are pretty high in cals for the portion size) and above all, I FEEL better (no more gunk in my body).

In a pinch, its okay. But I wouldn't eat them day in and day out.
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I keep a couple in my freezer for days when nothing else sounds good or for when I've got too much of a deficit I need to fill in. I don't think they should be the cornerstone of your diet, but for occasional meals I think they are fine!
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I think they are ok in moderation, I have a few now and then. The carbs run a little high for my preferences but I think they were good at helping me learn better portion control
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    I eat them occasionally, like the nights I get home late from running class or the gym, or when I just need something quick for lunch.
  • susyseq
    susyseq Posts: 94
    Options
    What? I love them! :) They have the perfect portion of food you need and tastes good. You can still eat pastas and rice meals with veggies with these and not go over your calories good luck!
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I like em for work....its a no-brainer and I like that. I just make a pact to myself that I will drink extra water to wash out the sodium...II also make a deal to myself that I won't eat em at home cuz I strive to cook healthy and eat fresh. They're not as bad as people try to say! Not everyone can be in CHEF mode all the time!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    hey..i eat them at times..they are generally low in calorie for the amount of food you get..processed or not..they are healthier than a twix bar