Struggling :-(

Options
Hi!! Don't have much weight to lose but am struggling, there are lots of foods I have intolerances to and I'm dead on my feet, I have no energy whatsoever im dragging myself around and I'm seriously craving stodgy rubbish!!! Sooo weak and frustrated..help!!!!!

Replies

• itstrees
    Options
    Hi I would go right back to basics. Start off changing one thing today and so on. You will soon be back on it. Good Luck :D
  • TIUClare
    TIUClare Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What macronutrients are you following? Are you getting enough carbs? Don't forget that food is fuel, so you still need it for energy! Good luck!
  • nataliejenkins123
    nataliejenkins123 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks both, I'm also anemic so I'm wondering if that is the reason why, I'm eating quite good food, better than I was before I started this diet!!
    Suppose I'm just having a few "off" days
    :-)
  • nataliejenkins123
    Options
    :o Tiuclare
    I'm limited as to what I can eat but on my app im getting close to my recommend
    Amounts of protein carbs and fat!!
    What are macronutrients ?
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Anemia will make you feel exhausted. Are you under a doctor' care and taking iron supplements? Once that is addressed, you will be in better shape to attempt a diet. Make sure your calorie goal is not set too low, and be sure to eat a very healthy diet, since you have to make every calorie count for nutrition.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Go to the message board "getting started". There is a topic called " a guide to get you started on your path to sexy pants." It's one of, if not the best references here. It contains many links to information. Here is where you will find explanations of macronutrients or " macros". Good luck!
  • toffeexx
    toffeexx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Last year I lost almost 2 stone and then discovered my nails were all breaking and my hair was horrible and I just felt dreadful. I looked at what I was eating and discovered I ate practically no fat and missed lots of essential vitamins and minerals. So now I choose probiotic fruit yoghurts and eat nutty granola and use a small amount of olive oil in cooking etc all calorie counted. I have just cut down on the diet food rubbish and eat proper food in measured amount.
  • xstephnz
    xstephnz Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you don't have much weight to lose, you can do some exercise? Try getting a pedometer and doing 10k steps a day, or give weight lifting a try. Tracking your food will also help.
  • nataliejenkins123
    Options
    Thanks all I appreciate your input, yes I am taking a very mild iron supplement but will take a while to build up...
    I will check out the references thanks
    I'm not shy of a bit of exercise but unfortunately at the moment I'm too weak and lifeless that I struggle walking with my baby in his pram!!!
    I feel dizzy on standing and it's really throwing a spanner in the works x