Hi, I'm new

ElisabetS
ElisabetS Posts: 2
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
I registered about 3 weeks but I haven't logged in. Not sure what to do, I do know that I want to eat and get healthy, I am doing yoga twice a week to stay limber, I am walking around 3 miles twice a week but to be honest, I think it's my food intake. A lot of the food articles mention eating seafood and I'm not a fan of ANY seafood and that includes tuna. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Replies

• SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    If you are struggling with eatting healthy--at first just look at your calorie intake. Just start eating smaller portions and log your calories... The idea is that you can eat everything in moderation, but the goal is to make healthier choices. Start small--don't overwhlem yourself. =)
  • holli_walker
    holli_walker Posts: 109 Member
    I agree keeping track of calories is huge. Then making small changes. As example instead of regular mayo, I now get olive oil mayo. I also compare labels when food shopping. that way I know how many calories I am eating. hope this helps :)
  • ElisabetS
    ElisabetS Posts: 2
    Thanks ladies, I will make it a point to look at my calorie intake, read labels and make small changes. I tend to always think that change has to happen yesterday when in reality I didn't go to sleep 110lbs and wake up weighing 195lbs. Moderation is the key, trying to cut out soda but I get tired of drinking plain old water, thanks again for your encouragement! Great job ladies on both of your weight loss!
  • dimplz1965
    dimplz1965 Posts: 105 Member
    Make 1 new change a week, more fruits/veggies, extra walking, drinking water. Plan ahead of what you would like to change on a weekly basis so when that week comes you're prepared. The internet is a wealth of information with recipes that are healthy. The key really is portion control and exercise. Good luck!
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    I think to start off try just tracking your calories and portions. It'll give you a baseline. Then find ways to cut reduce the calories and/or portions. Sometimes just figuring out where to start can be overwhelming - I have to cut some many calories and work out so much - it seems daunting.
This discussion has been closed.