Coffee VS Energy drinks

Options
So in an attempt to cut some of the less natural food from my diet I tried switching from my beloved energy drinks to coffee. I love my energy drinks and everyone has their right to eat or drink what they want in what every way they want. Any how Coffee makes me super twitchy, flighty, and generally kind of cracked out in a super bad way. This is after one cup over ice with a little milk and no sweeteners. Its not like I'm drinking a gallon of espresso with a pound of sugar in it. With the energy drinks never have I ever had a reaction any where near this. Any one else have this issue (note at one point in my life I was drinking upwards of 6 to 8 redbulls a day without issue, Generally chugging them two or three at a time)? Or can anyone tell me what in God's green earth Coffee would have in it that an energy drink could be lacking?

Replies

• yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I can't see that there could be any difference between the caffeine in your energy drink compared to the caffeine in coffee. However, I do notice that if I have a coffee before I do yoga and I do a headstand I can feel my blood pressure is much higher - blood pounding in the veins of my throat for instance. Caffeine can mess about with blood pressure so I gave coffee up and feel much better for it. I've never used energy drinks.
  • Brinja11
    Options
    Most of the Energy Drinks I've tried derive their Caffeine from coffee beans. The Racing or pounding heart is part of the reaction that I get from the Coffee that I never have with the Energy drinks. It's Odd I've just been curious about it because I haven't met a single person with the same issue.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options
    For me it's coffee......energy drinks sound cool though, just not something I would ever consider drinking. Sounds like you should stick to your 6 or 8 red bulls a day.
  • Brinja11
    Options
    I'm down to one a day unless my child refuses to sleep then their may be two. lol
  • fizzleh
    fizzleh Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I get eye twitches when I've had more than 2 coffee's a day but with pre-workouts which have more than that, I'm fine with