Favorite songs to drive to...?

Options
MSeel1984
MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
So I just got a new car. I'm one of those weirdos who LOVES to drive...errands...random drives for no good reason-just to drive...and a great soundtrack is a MUST.

Any good ideas for songs to add to my playlist? What are some of your favorite driving/road trip songs?

Replies

• FrothyGibblets
    FrothyGibblets Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Very much depends on the type of music you like. I'm another that enjoys driving for the sake of it. They say that music when driving should be slow tempo and relaxed...yeah can't do that.

For me personally, I tend to go back to my teens, songs such as Dead Cell - Papa Roach, Johnny, I hardly knew ye - Dropkick Murphies, I will be heard - Hatebreed, My Curse - Killswitch Engage (when that one comes on, ohhh yes) or War of the Gods - Amon Amarth, for the build up and that guitar section, damn. Of course, most of these just sound like "noise" to most people, so I'm probably not the best to listen to.

For more chilled out music for longer journeys, I find it works best on long sections of mostly straight county roads, can't beat the classic Freebird.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    As a Jersey girl...no road trip mix tape of my youth was complete with a little Bruce Springsteen. Born To Run in particular.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Ooooh-Freebird is one I don't have on there yet.
    I do have Styx, Stevie Nicks, U2, The Who, Jackson 5, Michael Jackson, Aerosmith and some more pop type music as well. I really like music all across the board/have a varied taste in music.
  • jessiemjporter
    jessiemjporter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am the best by 2ne1. always has been since it was released.~~
  • Nielasan
    Nielasan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Go- Grimes feat. Blood Diamonds and Aluna George- You know you like it, feat. DJ Snake.
  • mbcaldwell123
    mbcaldwell123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bob Seager - turn the page
    Eagles - Tequila Sunrise
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I love listening to Phoenix or Passion Pit while driving.
  • davesgalforever
    davesgalforever Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Mr. Policeman by Brad Paisley be careful though it will make you want to get in trouble