"RRRRIIIIP!" That noise is some motivation!

Options
So I'm three days into my new diet, and I think I'm doing great! Then today I sit down on my office chair and, well... RRRRRIIIIP!

My pencil skirt just tore up from the split at the back! My butt was too big for it!

Well then, if nothing else keeps me away from the chocolate vending machine, that certainly will!

Had any horrifying moments at the beginning of your diet that strengthened your resolve?

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I split my jeans once, but that was many years ago before they became more spandex than jean material. :s
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I always buy new clothes when I'm at the lowest weight, which is usually in the fall. I wore a new pair of dress pants for the first time yesterday and they were really tight in the waist. Nothing like not fitting into a fabulous pair of pants to say no to sweets at work!
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Yep, been there, done that. When I was working for Starbucks and had reached my highest weight I was wearing mens shirts and outgrowing my pants fast. I was at the drive thru window, bending down to get the money out of the drop box at the register, and RIPPPPPP. My pants ripped a good ways from top to bottom on my backside. A customer at the front bar saw the whole thing happen. I couldn't leave to go get other pants (Was the only manager on duty) so I had to tie two aprons around my waste to hide it. :( I decided it was time to lay off the fraps and cookies.
  • webuiltthisnicky
    webuiltthisnicky Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The thing is at your lowest weight it's so tempting to go out and buy lots of amazing outfits. Trouble is, we very rarely stay at that weight, rather hover a couple of pounds over it once we level out. Frustrating!
  • rosamyfitness
    rosamyfitness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My 3 year old granddaughter said last weekend, Gran what have you got in your tummy? As a lot of her mummys friends have or having babies, well at 59 I think I would be in the news. I told her chocolate which is fairly true.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    For some reason my gym shorts keep on ripping lol that is embarrassing
  • earthakin
    earthakin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My jeans ripped when I was sitting down on the rug to read to first graders. I wasn't sure if they thought I passed gas or that my pants ripped, either way it was really loud. I couldn't decide which was less embarrassing so I just ignored it! May I never forget that moment.
  • CObluegrass
    CObluegrass Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    breaking a plastic lawn chair at a barbecue with people I didn't know that well. my face is turning red with the memory. last week, I attended a meeting and someone sat in the chair next to me and it broke. she is a tiny little person, and the chair was just cheap and broken but I am soooo glad it wasn't me who sat in that chair b/c then then assumption would have been a weight thing.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Ok, I feel your pain!
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Well my jeans always get holes in at the top of the innner thighs where they rub together :( They even do this when I am much slimmer...I ahve the opposite of a thigh gap, I have thigh overlap :#
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    katkins73 wrote: »
    Well my jeans always get holes in at the top of the innner thighs where they rub together :( They even do this when I am much slimmer...I ahve the opposite of a thigh gap, I have thigh overlap :#

Me too. I burn through so many pants this way.. :s
  • webuiltthisnicky
    Options
    katkins73 wrote: »

I know THAT feeling all to well! Chub rub is the worst.
  • pepperdove
    pepperdove Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yep, been there, done that. When I was working for Starbucks and had reached my highest weight I was wearing mens shirts and outgrowing my pants fast. I was at the drive thru window, bending down to get the money out of the drop box at the register, and RIPPPPPP. My pants ripped a good ways from top to bottom on my backside. A customer at the front bar saw the whole thing happen. I couldn't leave to go get other pants (Was the only manager on duty) so I had to tie two aprons around my waste to hide it. :( I decided it was time to lay off the fraps and cookies.

Starbucks has a higher incidence of "the freshman 15" than any college, I think, except it never stops! It is the blessing and curse of working there.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Dang!!! Glad all my RRRIIIIPPPPs have happened before I walked out the door!
  • webuiltthisnicky
    Options

Me too! Don't fret about it too much though, I was so frustrated with it I did some googling and jeans are being made MUCH cheaper now than before and the material isn't as good a quality. So unless your thighs literally don't touch at all this will happen.

Haha, it doesn't help that I buy £7 ones from Sainsbury's! They're cheap rubbish but the fit is perfect for me lol.
  • jadumz
    jadumz Posts: 80 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Love this thread! Thought the original title was going to be about diet farts hahaha