I'm Stuck

Options
I just started this about 3-4 weeks ago and I have more than enough weight to lose so I thought that my weight loss should be much faster than it is. I set my calories to lose 2 lbs a week. At first it started out well and I lost some weight but for the past two weeks my weight hasn't moved. If anything it has fluctuated up and then back down again, but its not moving lower. My macros have been great (exceeding protein everyday, just about right on with daily fat intake and I almost never meet my carb limit). Im drinking tons of water and eating all the right foods, but something isn't adding up. Its getting super frustrating and it just makes me want to eat a bowl of ice cream. Suggestions to break this streak?

Replies

• juliekamps
    Options
    I'm having a similar problem. I understand your frustrations. I'm just going to stick to my diet and try to walk a little more. And maybe cut carbs a little more.
  • louandhad2003
    louandhad2003 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Are you all up and moving and doing exercise? Remember calories in calories out
  • caileelouise
    caileelouise Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Everyone's body is different. Even though it feels like FOREVER, 3-4 weeks isn't a terribly long time. Keep it up and it will happen! Slow progress is better in the long run anyway, I think, it means your body is adjusting to your new lifestyle.
  • kfedorchik
    kfedorchik Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I've plateaued or things have slowed down, I've found that when I changed my routine it tricks the body. I changed the time of day I do my Cardio and changed my lifting routine. Your by gets used to things like your mind does and gets into a groove and if you make little changes it can not only make things a little better (sometimes) but also be more fun to try new ways. I'm there now, it's very frustrating. Keep working hard.
  • rabi1407
    rabi1407 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I quit worrying about what the scale said, I dropped 30# fairly quickly but got stuck at the same weight for the last couple of months, but my jean size went down and my energy went up. Don't worry about what the scale says but how you'd clothes fit. Good luck!
  • pattielee77
    Options
    Getting stuck as well. Changing things up. Wish me luck
  • i8sushi
    i8sushi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sorry this might get a bit confusing but what you need is something called carb backload day. Your body will no matter what adjust to the diet you are on and that is when you plateau such as now. Bodybuilders when they cut such as what I am doing to extremely low body fat do not depend on cardio or full caloric deficit. Instead we 'trick' our metabolism.

At first your body notices your diet being different and basically will realise that it needs to adjust to your new diet in order to survive, hence sometime people go into starvation mode.

What carb backload does is that you increase your carbohydrate amount until you meet your maintenance level, this will trick your body into thinking your calories has increased and it has changed again, I don't want to go into details about insulin regulation.

Please do not keep decreasing your carbohydrate level, every macronutrients is important to the body, you do not want to damage your metabolism. Any questions please feel free to add me and message me :) always willing to help.
  • louandhad2003
    louandhad2003 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    When I platue I have to change what I'm doing to " reshoot my body especially when I can do my normal treadmill routine without breaking a sweat that means I need to step it up a notch
  • cdunn211
    cdunn211 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm hoping that it's just my body adjusting and that it will drop off again soon. I know 3-4 weeks isn't that long but when you have 50 lbs to lose you want to keep the gravy train going. I'll try to change some things up too.

Thanks for the advice! I'll stay away from the ice cream for the time being.
  • cdunn211
    cdunn211 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Scale this morning says im down 2.2. Yay!!!