college students

Options
Is there anyone in college like me trying to lose weight? Im 20 years old and struggling with a rapid weight gain!!!

If there is i think that we should help eachother reach our goal weights!!!

Replies

• nicole0177
    Options
    Is there anyone in college like me trying to lose weight? Im 20 years old and struggling with a rapid weight gain!!!

If there is i think that we should help eachother reach our goal weights!!!
  • Lynn1987
    Options
    Yup I am!!! 21 and graduating next semester and still trying to undo the freshman 15!! :sad:
  • Funisweetsmart
    Funisweetsmart Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am also 20 and trying to lose weight! I have been big all my life but it is never too late to change! I really do need the support!
  • lbitting
    Options
    I'm 20, almost 21, and since a breakup in high school, I've doubled my pant size!! :(
    I work out at least 30 mintues everyday, and this website is helping me montior my eating too!
    I could use a motivation buddy too!
  • Homer9
    Options
    yes I am back in college and trying to lose weight, but I am 52 years old and working full time. It is still a struggle with exams and holidays coming on.
    Your rapid weight gain is probably due to stress and not exercising enough because you are sitting in one place studying.
    Remember at your age you probably have a great metabolism and you can make up for extra caolories by working out. You may be mentally tired after a day of classes and studying, but you are not physically tired. At least that is what I tell myself. You will feel a lot better with regular aerobic exercise and do better in your studies.
  • sens06
    sens06 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    yeah I'm 20 and i've been overweight ever since elementary school I'm active and I workout but It doesn't seem to do anything. I need support when it comes to my eating and partying habits. These are my downfalls. In college I feel like this is my time to enjoy myself so binging on food and alcohol is a way of life that I'm trying to balance. But I know that if i want to lose weight I'll have to cut these out. I need a lot of support. Losing weight has been in my top priorities for a while Please Help
  • HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm a 20yr old uni student too, so I'm definitely keen to join you guys. I've been on this site since june but I've fallen off the wagon 3 times, for months at a time. I hoping having you guys around will help keep me on the wagon this time!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 21 and in college. I'm almost finished with my weightloss, but I have been here before...lose weight and gain it back! But I'm really trying hard to stay at this weight!
  • kels0724
    kels0724 Posts: 136
    Options
    Hey all~ I am a sophomore in college and I don't want to admit it but I gained weight in my freshman year :( but am on the road to being back on track! It is so emotional for me to be away from home and under soo much stress! I would love a support group with other people in college!!
  • lbitting
    Options
    opps i didnt mean to post again and idk how to delete it either haha
  • d0900
    d0900 Posts: 30
    Options
    I am graduating on Dec 12 and I have to say i have put on a lot of weight! It is so hard when you want to go out and socialize all the time which usually happens at bars or restaurants !!!
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I've been large since mid-teens, but college brought an additional 20 pounds of myself to me. I am now in grad-school and finally ready (and really willing) to shed the weight. I am only 7 pounds away from my pre-college weight (mildly exciting).

Yey college.
    Boo inevitable weight gain.
  • liveagain
    liveagain Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hey! I think that's a good idea!!

I'm 23 and am just finishing up my first semester. School can always add a lot of stress which in turn adds weight.

I'm taking nutrition next semester and I can't wait...except that my book is $111 USED!!!:grumble: :grumble:
  • mkatzb3
    mkatzb3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 and a second year. I'm really trying to lose the weight but college life really makes it difficult!
  • nicole0177
    Options
    Good!!! Lots of people going through what im going through!!! it sucks!!! i was always a size 2 and now im like a size 8 but im very short i am only 5 feet tall so weight shows a lot more on me!!! and feel very unhealthy and i just want my confidence back!!!
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I'm taking nutrition next semester and I can't wait...except that my book is $111 USED!!!:grumble: :grumble:

Have you looked on ebay, Amazon, or half.com? I was about to save loads on generic textbooks like that by shopping ahead on websites. You can always email your prof and ask if the previous edition would be suitable for the class (most of my undergrad profs didn't care at all... most of them actually sympathized with my trying to save a few dollars here and there).
  • liveagain
    Options
    Good!!! Lots of people going through what im going through!!! it sucks!!! i was always a size 2 and now im like a size 8 but im very short i am only 5 feet tall so weight shows a lot more on me!!! and feel very unhealthy and i just want my confidence back!!!

I KNOW what you mean!! I'm 4' 11'' and everything shows!!

I am excited though. I went to put on my belt the other day and slide it right past the last notch...I have to cut a new one to last until payday. I'm almost down a size, but not quite there yet.
  • liveagain
    Options

Have you looked on ebay, Amazon, or half.com? I was about to save loads on generic textbooks like that by shopping ahead on websites. You can always email your prof and ask if the previous edition would be suitable for the class (most of my undergrad profs didn't care at all... most of them actually sympathized with my trying to save a few dollars here and there).

yea...I've found it cheap on ebay but they are international versions and I've heard horror stories about those. Amazon has it for $98 i think...but that's still insane for a used book.
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'm 18, and a freshman in college.

I've been fat all my life, and finally decided at the start of the summer that I was going to lose the weight. I've been pretty successful, but I'm still a work in progress. My parents went goggle-eyed when I came home at Thanksgiving. I hadn't seen much change in myself but they were like "ZOMG you've lost so much weight!"

I just try to eat healthy and work out every day. Having a gym pass rocks! I'm at the physical high of my life--I don't have much longer (comparatively speaking) where my metabolism (as screwed up as it was from a life of bad food choices and little exercise) has the kick of youth. I'm determined to take advantage of it and get this weight off. And I like having a strong, useful, hot body.
  • tinanicole
    Options
    I am in college and struggling with the same weight gain problem...
    However, with the right support and motivation we can do it!
    Add me as a friend... : ]

Kristina

Also, because I live in the dorms, I do not have a scale to weigh myself. Is that a bad thing? Or should I not know what my weight is all the time. I feel that I might get obsessed with checking the scale rather than working out and dieting. And if I do not lose the weight that I want, I might get upset or disappointed and start to get less motivated.

What does everyone else think?