MFP + Jenny Craig = Success?

Options
I've dabbled with MFP and I've done Jenny Craig before, but I've never done either particularly well. I've attempted to stick with JC many times over many years. This time, however, I'm combining my efforts with food tracking on MFP. I'm eight days in, 5 lbs down and excited about the possibilities! Most people are thrown off by the limitations of the JC program -- eating primarily the food they provide along with fruits, veggies and dairy that you provide on your own. But with MFP I was able to dine out recently at Red Lobster, knowing that my choice of grilled salmon with double broccoli (no potato) fit very well within the nutritional guidelines the JC program ha suggested I follow. I "indulged" with no guilt, knowing that I was still on program even if I wasn't eating JC food. MFP is allowing me more flexibility on the program than I have had in past attempts, and I really think it's going to make the difference for me this time!

Sherri

Replies

• RavenStar0303
    Options
    Same here. I have been doing Jenny for about 6 weeks. However, I am already getting sick of their food - especially the overpriced breakfasts. I am going to stick with them for lunches, dinners and some snacks, but am starting to think of subbing in some of my own food using MFP. I also cannot tolerate so much dairy. I am nursing so I am supposed to be eating a ridiculous amount of dairy according to JC to get in 1800 calories a day.

Have you found any substitutions for meals yet? I just feel their food is so processed and so expensive. I can make double or triple the amount for the same cost at home.

So far, for breakfasts, I'm doing the yogurt & fruit PLUS a Vitatop with lowfat cream cheese OR a piece of homemade French toast with one low-fat turkey link. Seriously for the cost of two JC breakfasts, I can make breakfast for the entire week if I do it myself.

Will have to see if I can still lose weight and sub some meals, but so far I have been doing okay. I guess worst case scenario, if I am not losing as much weight over the next 2 weeks, maybe after a Jenny break, I can do another month of just Jenny meals.

I have no idea how people eat all Jenny Craig food when they have more than 15 or 20 pounds to lose (i.e., eat that food for months or years).
  • stephreyes1
    stephreyes1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing JC and MFP. I love the combination. I don't exclusively use the JC menu, but it seems to be working just fine so far! Feel free to add me as a friend on here. I'll be around for awhile!
    Stephanie
  • hanabara
    hanabara Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started JC and MFP within one week of each other. I joined MFP when I found that the JC site has too many bugs and was hard to use. So far I've created one tuna salad and one turkey+cheese pita sandwich replacement for their lunches. The last one is my goto-out-the-door s/w for when I have to eat in the car (no nuking). Just 56g of pre-packaged cooked turkey slices (approx 2 meat serving), 2 tablespoons light philly cream cheese in a half a lebanese whole wheat pita. Add some veggies (lettuce/cucumbers or both) to add crunch and freshness. If I replace one JC meal w/ a home-made one, I always end up with less daily sodium intake than if I eat all JC meals, so I'm going to keep working on adding more recipes to help me reduce my JC meals slowly. MFP is working out great so far for that.
  • Metcalf1690
    Metcalf1690 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Jenny thing again! The first time I did Jenny I lost 33 pds in 3 months. But as soon as I stopped I gained it ALL back. So here I am again....I'm on day 9 and doing ok. I won't weigh myself until I go back on the 14th day. My fingers are crossed...lol
    Wish you all the best with Jenny!! :)
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Not sure why you'd pay for Jenny Craig if you're using MFP? If you understand that all you need is a calorie deficit for weight loss, then why would you pay them when you don't need to?
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    sowens wrote: »
    I and I really think it's going to make the difference for me this time! - Sherri

Wonderful! Good going! I am for whatever works, does not damage you, and fits your pocketbook. If Jenny Craig alone works, great. If it works in conjunction with MFP, also great!
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I just purchased a three day sample kit of Jenny Craig to use in conjunction with MFP. To the people asking why? I am burned out on meal planning and grocery shopping. I need some easy structure and simple foods for a month or two, and Jenny seems to have the variety I need to not be bored. Will see how I feel after eating their foods for three days. So far, I like the structure and it is easy to track in conjunction with MFP. It also seems that with their daily meal structure, it would be easy to replace and easy to ween off of and back into my own groceries.
  • jessebruder
    jessebruder Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I found this thread.
    I am on day 19 of Jenny Craig and have religiously been using MFP throughout.
    The results are crazy!
    I have lost 15lbs already. I almost think this could be unhealthy.
    I'm 6'0", and was not severely overweight. I started at 206 and broke 192 this morning. I'm only trying to get to 180 and then tone my body after.
    I'm following the JC 100% to a tee. Yogurts, fruit, everything. I have literally only been mixing in a single turkey bite each day (a beef jerky stick substitute) on top of everything else (since I'm on the JC 1700 Cal/day program that allows the additional "meat" most days).
    I swear to whatever God you pray to that this is the easiest recipe for success out there. I'm that convinced in such a short period of time too.
    I don't even have an active daily lifestyle either. It's crazy. I'm an accountant in the middle of tax season and wanted to try this since my sessions at the gym stop for 3 months a year. And have every year for the last 8 years because I never have time to workout while pounding through tax returns 16 hours a day (yes, it's boring - LOL).
    I am literally sitting at a desk most of the day, doing my work, stopping for the JC meals and snacks and logging. It's so unreal. I never knew it could be this easy.
    The first week was hard, like any diet. But once I hit the second week my appetite wasn't what it was before. And I don't feel drained because I'm eating healthy salads and fruits and veggies everyday with my JC meals (not like home cooking but they work).
    I will wrap this up but I swear, even as an ex-football playing, binge drinking, alpha male (hard to imagine as an Accountant I know), I have no problem telling people how I am doing it. And trust me, if you knew me and how my colleagues and friends know me, it was a tough pill to swallow to admit that I was doing JC.
    Please pass this along to others as I believe I have found the miracle cure for some quick weight loss (for men and women).
  • MegJJ76
    MegJJ76 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I wanted to try the sample pack too! I keep hearing horror stories about how yucky the JC food is, not to mention expensive!