I'm 44 and hope to lose 44 !

Options
Hi, I'm bebabno (Beth), I'm trying to lose weight to be healthy. My blood pressure has been high for about 10 years, and I want my heart to stay healthy and keep going!
I need friends here for support and encouragement, but not critics or food police. I'd like to meet people like me who are close to where I am in life! I have 4 kids ages 21,19,12, and 3. Oldest 2 are away at university already! I'm starting out at 204 lbs.

Replies

• Carol_123
    Carol_123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 hoping to lose 50lbs with 4 kids 5-25yrs old.... hmmm....I think that's pretty close to where you are in life ;) No critic or food police here, I love good food and wine and am trying to be healthier while still enjoying my life. Feel free to add me or other posters cause I'd love more friends for encouragement here on MFP. I've been a member for awhile losing the same 3-5lbs over and over again but finally feel I am in the right mind space to get rid of this weight and hope to celebrate finally getting under 170lbs this Monday (barring any fluctuations, I only need to lose .3lbs in the next 3 days to do it! Yippee!)
  • LuxuryBrown
    Options
    Hi Beth! I'll be 44 this yr & I've decided I am going to redefine what it means to be 40 something, starting with my health. I was 204 back last January & am down 60 lbs. I understand the journey & hope I can be an encouragement to you. The profile pic is just a motivation not really me! Let's encourage each other!
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hi All. I'm a little older (52) but don't feel like it. I have a 20 year old daughter. I enjoy both good food and wine. I am on a mission to end the yo-yoing! I'm down 20 with 25 more to go! Feel free to add me.