heakthy snacks

Options
hey guys, im having issues with the whole change of my diet and im after some heathy snacks. because im used to eating so much im getting really hungry even though im eating the "correct" portions. so if you have and simple things that would be much appreciated!!

thank you!

Replies

• FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I love greek yogurt. One cup has only 120 calories and 22g of protein. It's super creamy and has no artificial ingredients making it a great snack. I like cottage cheese too, but it has a lot of sodium so I eat it sparingly now.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt is fantastic. I also do the fiber bars, and protein shakes with almond milk
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I love hummus and veggies as a low cal snack--the hummus is a good source of protein and very filling. In fact, it's so filling that I often eat it w/ some Kashi crackers as my morning meal.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Ooo! I forgot about hummus! I have been spreading it on a 100 calorie flat out wrap. SO tasty and super filling
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Edward and Sons (or similar, in the gluten-free section) Brown Rice Vegetable Snaps (8 crackers) with a little 1" cube of brie cheese = 110 cals.

Good quality (Lundberg organic) rice cakes with one T. of almond butter = 170 cals.

Air popped popcorn with nutritional yeast flakes sprinkled on (tastes buttery!)

Roasted soy nuts! They're so good. And they go great with water. :drinker:
  • AliHawkins
    AliHawkins Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How about:

a Fruche? It is dairy protein, but only 150g - and it would also satisfy a sweet craving if you had one.

Fruit? - a banana would be a fantastic snack - great if you are just finished exercising.

Muesli bars? - if you choose the right ones, they are a really good option. I get Be Natural Trail Bars (and they have the Heart Foundation "red tick" of approval!).
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I would first try spreading out your calories more evenly throughout the day. Don't skip breakfast. It's really important. Eating breakfast jump-starts your metabolism first thing in the morning. I always say, "You don't want to drive a car on an empty tank of gas." Fill up with oatmeal, fruit, eggs, cottage cheese, or whole grain toast with peanut butter. Try to make your breakfast around 350 calories. Eat a snack 2-3 hours after breakfast. Something like deli meat, cheese, and crackers or fresh vegetables, hummus, and pita is great. Make this around 100-150 calories. Lunch should be about 300 calories. Pack in as many whole grains and vegetables as you can stand! Make sure you eat this meal with a little fat (it will help you stay full longer). Eat another snack 2-3 hours later. String cheese and an apple, cottage cheese, fruit, and walnuts, or equivalent. This snack should be about 100 calories. Dinner should be rich in protein and whole grains, and should be about 300 calories. If you still feel hungry, eat your last meal around 9 pm. Make it protein rich, with limited carbs and a little fat. The protein will release slowly throughout the night to prevent any muscle degeneration.

Keeping your blood sugar regulated is important in weight loss because it helps prevent the need to binge. Your body will stay nourished all day and you won't ever get "starving". You also won't feel like you're depriving yourself of anything.

Good luck!
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!
  • starshine614
    Options
    I have started to eat more fruits & nuts. If I need a quick pick me up, I will have some cheese & a few blue corn chips. I don't really eat any junk food. I get all healthy snacks or eat small, healthier portions.