CROSSFIT CALORIES?

Does anyoen enter them and how to break it down? or do you just do a rounded estimate each time?

Replies

• emilymorene
    emilymorene Posts: 56
    This might be a strange question but what are crossfit calories?
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    yes what are crossfit calories?
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    CrossFit is hard to track unless you have a HRM because the exercises and time are different every single time!

www.crossfit.com...it's a new kind of workout regime..hard to explain, but it's fun!
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Even the shortest workouts you'll average between 4 and 500 calories per WOD. The harder WOD's are between 7 and 800.
    I just enter Calisthenics - vigorous for 45 mins. to an hour for each WOD. It's still low, but better than nothing.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    I would probably use the circuit training one.
  • I use the circuit trainning also but I use one of those wireless heart beat moniters that track calories burned and go off that.
  • I do a rounded estimate, I count between 800 - 1000 kcal an hour, if its a Amrap I count 350 kcal for 20 min. otherwise I break it down in minutes.
  • _AC3_
    _AC3_ Posts: 16
    Use the "circuit training" selection and you're goof to go. Crossfit is a brand (Reebok) of circuit training.
  • Use the "circuit training" selection and you're goof to go. Crossfit is a brand (Reebok) of circuit training.
    Crossfit is sponsored by Reebok, but it is not Reebok's brand. Crossfit is it's own brand.
  • OAKCOACH
    OAKCOACH Posts: 6 Member
    This is reasonably easy to figure out. Since a mainstay of most CF gyms is "Row for Calories" you should have an idea of the perceived effort it takes to burn, say 15 calories in one minute (.75 calories per rep). Many CF exercises are about the same in terms of cal/rep: AAB, Burpee (weight dependent) Light weightlifting for instance. Some are easier (sit-up, push-up etc.). Some are harder (heavy deadlift, pull-up with weight vest, etc.). So using row as your baseline, you could guess that if you do 20 reps per minute, your "Fight Gone Bad"! Score of 300 will translate to 300 calories burned in 15 minutes, or 1200 calories per hour. If you are a beginner and are getting 150 Rx it will be half that. Some of the briefer more intense WODs will have an insane cal per hour rate if you are any good. Let's say you can hit "Fran" Rx in 5:00. I would guestimate 1.25 cal per rep, so 90 reps times 1.25 cal = 135 cal in 5:00 or 2700 calories per hour. Of course the whole point is you cannot keep this up. On the other hand, "Murph" with a weight vest is sustainable for around an hour if you are decent. Probably 600 calories for the reps and another 300 for the runs, so 900 calories per hour and 900 calories actually burned. Hope this helps.
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    edited January 2015
    Don't think it will help, @OAKCOACH‌ as this post is 5 years old. :p
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    edited January 2015
    If you're doing Paleo, then Calories cease to exist in your world. LOL! I'm kidding.

Honestly, I would say that an HRM isn't going to track it correctly so I would not worry about it. Use a TDEE calculation and don't worry about eating-back exercise calories. Reference the Mifflin St. Jeor or Harris-Benedict formulas.