I love numbers so I love this...

Options
elodia83
elodia83 Posts: 4 Member
It's really good to know how much you can eat and when using numbers because you feel some control

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It's fun isn't it - though I think I may be getting a little obsessed: yesterday I ate one less almond so my numbers would come out a few cals below instead of above :smile:
    Really, I know this is silly because entering calories in and out is always going to be an approximation, but it is satisfying to see the numbers really close to my net goal without going over!
  • locomotion
    locomotion Posts: 67
    Options
    It's really good to know how much you can eat and when using numbers because you feel some control
    Exactly! :wink:
  • jhoffman27
    jhoffman27 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It's fun isn't it - though I think I may be getting a little obsessed: yesterday I ate one less almond so my numbers would come out a few cals below instead of above :smile:
    Really, I know this is silly because entering calories in and out is always going to be an approximation, but it is satisfying to see the numbers really close to my net goal without going over!
    I obsess over things like that too if I put less turkey on my sandwich than the serving size is I make sure I change it before I log it. I like to be very precise haha.
  • Pebble321
    Options
    I obsess over things like that too if I put less turkey on my sandwich than the serving size is I make sure I change it before I log it. I like to be very precise haha.

Glad it's not just me!!
  • dbcja
    dbcja Posts: 54
    Options
    I HATE numbers. lol. It is just the only way to do measure my food intake and as you said control it.
    As soon as I see numbers I get confused and frustrated. lol
    I dont even really understand how this website calculates things, I just know it does and that is enough for me.
    haha, y son on the other hand could look at it for 30 seconds and explain it to me in simple words, except I have told him this is my site and he is not to read it over my sholder. lol.
  • Pebble321
    Options
    I HATE numbers. lol. It is just the only way to do measure my food intake and as you said control it.
    As soon as I see numbers I get confused and frustrated. lol
    I dont even really understand how this website calculates things, I just know it does and that is enough for me.
    haha, y son on the other hand could look at it for 30 seconds and explain it to me in simple words, except I have told him this is my site and he is not to read it over my sholder. lol.

That's the flip side isn't it, if you log all your calories in and out it does all the work for you. I see all these messages where people stress over how much to be eating, but I think that if you just do what MFP says it is a very good place to start!
  • nursekj
    nursekj Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    yeah it is so easy to get addicted to it, have it on my ipod and Im always updating my food religiously but hey its working!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options

Having been at this on and off since 2007 on MFP, let me warn you.....don't start trying to get all fancy and attempting to get ALL your nutrients to match. Talk about a puzzle. :noway: Being a bit OCD, this system is almost too good.