Protein bars

Options
Are protein bars good for a snack during the moring? Also will they make you gain weight if you eat one a day.

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Do you enjoy eating them?
    Do they fit in to your calorie and macronutrient goals?

If yes, then they are good.

Protein bars will not make you gain weight. Grass will not make you gain weight. Ice cream will not make you gain weight.

Being in a calorific surplus will make you gain weight.
  • newmom0825
    Options
    What is calorific surplus?
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    newmom0825 wrote: »
    What is calorific surplus?

Eating more calories than your body requires (resulting in weight gain).

A ''calorie deficit'' is when you are eating fewer calories than your body requires (which results in weight loss).

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    A caloric surplus is when you eat over your allowed daily caloric intake. A deficit is when you are under your daily caloric intake, assuming you are set-up on MFP to lose 1lb. per week.

Protein bars are just a means to meet a daily protein goal, in the form of a healthy candy-bar, that's it. If you enjoy eating them.... while pooping.... do it. Eat when you're hungry or when you want something. Meal timing doesn't matter.

No, they don't cause weight gain. I eat about 2-3 a day. Weight gain comes from caloric SURPLUS (eating over your calories).
  • newmom0825
    Options
    Thank y'all so much.
  • clf1284
    clf1284 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I sure hope they're not bad. Because I keep them on hand for a grab and run out the door breakfast some mornings! Might not be my best choice, but it could definitely be worse!
  • ssjones999
    ssjones999 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Powercrunch bars??? Anyone use them? 200 calories of pure yummines. 13g protein.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a protein bar as my afternoon snack to hold me over till dinner. If they fit your macro and calorie needs I say go for it. I use either Quest or MusclePharm combat crunch bars. Depends on whose running a sale.