should I change my activity level?

froglegjack
froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
I have mine set at sedentary and a goal of 2 lbs a week. Which has me at a base of 1200 Calories plus whatever I exercise I eat back.
I am working out 5-6 times a week. usually 5 days of cardio with 2-3 days of strength training. I am wondering if I should change my activity level to match this activity or leave it at sedentary? The rest of my life is pretty sedentary because I am unemployed right now and looking for a job.
Thanks

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    With 70+ pounds to lose, you can afford to leave it at sedentary. It won't be much of a problem until you get closer to your goal.

The activity level descriptions spell it out pretty well I think.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    keep it at sedentary since you are except when you exercise. record your exercise :)
  • I'm not an expert or anything, but from what I've read your activity level should reflect what you do before exercise, because you record the exercise separately. If you had it set higher because of exercise, it would record the exercise twice.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    Obviously if you feel famished eat more on those days. And eat your exercise calories! thcarryon.gif
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    ahh ok ty I get it :)
This discussion has been closed.