Vitamins anyone??

Options
DST513
DST513 Posts: 140 Member
So i have debating on taking a daily multivitamin. I am interested in hearing what you guys are taking and how is it working for you guys. Also is there a multivitamin that also is good to aid in weight loss. Also let me know how the vitamins are working for you!

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Multi and B Complex
  • Snapshotgirl
    Snapshotgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I take iron tablets.
  • DST513
    DST513 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    can you pls tell me what the b complex vitamins are for?
  • Kristylarson
    Options
    Everyone should be taking a multivitamin no matter if they are trying to lose weight or not. I take a multivitamin, fish oil for healthy heart and calcium :)
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I just take One-A-Day multivitimins, but I do it for the iron. I think if you are going to be working out and you aren't that great on the veggies, a multivitimin of any type would be good. Of, course, I'm sure there are better ones out there. :o)
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I take-
    Multivitamin (Usually a womens energy one)
    complex B vitamin
    calcium
    fish oil supplement
    Chromium Picolonate

I feel much better taking everything!!!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I take:

One a day women's active metabolism multivitamin supplement
    Iron supplement (bc I am border line anemic)
    B- Complex with Vitamin C: Helps convert food into energy
    Green tea extract (soon be starting the hoodia kind) I take the recommended 2 tablets a day
    Cinnamon: promotes sugar metabolism I take the recommended 2 tablets a day
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I am a distributor for Amway and we sell Nutrilite (the #1 health and nutrition line online for 5+ years.) 100% organic plant based vitamins that are packaged no more than 4 hours after being harvested. If you are interested in what we have to offer send me a private message :happy:
  • Tigerfish62
    Tigerfish62 Posts: 26
    Options
    I take about 10 suppliments per day, eating well or not. Everyone makes their own choice about what to take but a basic multi and b complex would be a great start. B complex helps with energy and cell function. Look some things up on the internet. There is a newsletter (email) you can get from Dr. Mercola. Just google his name and sign up if you are interested, free. He advocates, natural, organic foods, grass fed beef, and many other things. Also warnings of dangerous foods disguised as natural products.
    Take care.
  • katihamlin
    katihamlin Posts: 41
    Options
    Fish oil, B Complex and a Multi-vitamin, plus a Cardio-Chew for healthy cholesterol :)
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I think a multi vitamin is essential. I also take fish oil for a healthy heart, fiber gummies, and calcium.
  • JRena225
    JRena225 Posts: 373
    Options
    my thing about mutlivitamins is you don't get the necessary dose of individual vitamins you need each day. I think the womans a day has, say 40g of calcium...well doctors say you should have atleast 1000 a day...just an example...

so my thing is, I have all the individual ones, the b complex, fish oil, calcium, d-3 and c. the one a days have about 20 different ones but the only one that has the majority servings is vitamin A.
  • misschristi
    misschristi Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    okay dont laugh at me, but i take kroger sour gummy multivitamin. its for adults, but they are like sour gummy bears. ...the reason i love them is because i always forget to take my vitamins everyday, but these taste so good that i look forward to taking them and almost want to have more than what i need hahah
  • Happy_endings
    Options
    Even before dieting I have always taking a vitamin. My mom would always say did you take ur vitamins as child. So i just gotI usually get taking them

for awhile I have been taking GNC Women's Ultra Mega multivitamin http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4033449
    I only took 1 pill a day because basically you are just peeing out everything from the 2nd pill. Sure 50% of your iron would be nice but I am okay with 25%.

Well this month I tried GNC Ultra Mega Energy and Metabolism.. well at first I loved the little energy kick I get from it!! Well I noticed my resting heart rate has gone up slighty. I am not sure if thats the reason.. but its a concern so stopped taking them for 2 days now.
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have been taking Teen girls vitamins because I bought 2 bottles for my daughters and they wont take them because they aren't gummies. They say they are too big to swallow. I don't want them to go to waste, so I am taking them. I bought princess chewables for the youngest, and she doesn't like how they taste. I hope I don't have to eat those too. LOL.

I usually get them all gummies, but the doctor told me that the iron in them isn't absorbed as easy. Or, something like that. I am going back to gummies for them. At least they would take them every day.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    go to vitaminid.com and do the survey and it will tell you what vitamins you need to take. You obviously don't need to buy them from there
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I didn't take vitamins for the longest time but on a whim I got my Vitamin D level tested durning my annual this year and found out it was low. My doc put me on a high level dose to get me back to normal. Now I take the store brand version of Centrum Silver for Women which from what I could find, has the highest dose of Vit D in a multi (800 IU).

Edited to add - I'm sure I"m wrong about that last statement - move along