weight loss and that time of the month... :/

Options
I am just curious to hear from the ladies in particular... how much does your weight fluctuate as you approach your cycles. From the first day through ovulation. do you notice a pattern? I know it's typical, ok, normal to gain a few pound s leading up to starting, etc. I also know every woman is different. I was pleasantly surprised to see a 2 pound loss this morning, especially since I knew AF was on her way. I normally retain a lot of water before. I have dramatically increased my daily water intake. I cut way way back on my coke and sprite zero. I do use a zero calorie water enhancer, as I won't drink much water without it. I drink between 64-100 ounces a day. Once i'm done with Af, i will get back on the scale and see if there's any significant difference. I have friends who will not weigh themselves at all when AF is in town. :|
Any insight would be appreciated very very much!!

Angie

Replies

• Lezavargas
    Lezavargas Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I consider any weightloss diring that week as a huuuuge positive! And i always have that great feeling at the end, knowing that if i maintained during then ill lose after!
  • Lightspeed_1992
    Lightspeed_1992 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    To be fair I nearly always put on a few lb before my TOTM. As if you don't feel crap enough at that time then you have to bloat and put weight on too, perfect (!) XD I try not to weigh myself around that time anymore so I don't get down over it, even though I know it's water weight.
  • PoisonDartFrog
    PoisonDartFrog Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I typically gain 2 lbs or so as I approach TOM, but typically drop it by day 3. But like clockwork, I could be losing regularly, gain two pounds and tell my husband TOM is coming tomorrow and be right. (Otherwise, I'm not that regular).
  • bos10fit
    bos10fit Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I usually maintain. Hardest part is calming cravings!!!
  • lovematthewchristopher
    Options
    Hi Angie, i have noticed i too gain anywhere from 2-4 pounds in water weight just before and during the first few days. I dont stress over it, but keep an eye on what i am eating since WONDERFUL cravings come along with it. As long as i stay on track, i am fine. So far i have been very lucky and lost at least 2 lbs once i weigh myself when it is over.
  • nm82baby
    nm82baby Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I literally was just going to make a post about our "dear aunt." I always gain weight at this time so I refuse to weigh myself just to get upset. I'm hoping when it's over I will find that I lost weight still once the bloat is gone. I tried drinking tons of water and exercising leading up to it, but today I couldn't work out. Now I'm trying not to eat everything that isn't nailed down. I had several healthy snacks, but it feels like I haven't eaten anything. I hate this week because it always impedes my good progress...

Angie1212mfp, if you lost weight during your time then that is awesome! Celebrate. Lol!
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My weight can go up by 7lb during that time, plus I have mad cravings to eat. It is difficult, but I don't weight myself at all during that time as it is demoralising.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I usually gain 4-5 pounds and my fingers swell so bad I can't wear my rings. I don't worry about it though, its just water weight and I go back to normal in 5 to 6 days :) but like stated about I have crazy cravings exp for salt!
  • Angie1212mfp
    Options
    Thank you ladies!! y'all are wonderful!!! I weighed yesterday morning, started, and I'm looking forward to checking out the scale maybe on Saturday morning. ;)

Angie