Who else believes that a supplement/vitamin dairy is needed?

Options
I think it would benefit all of us if we were also able to enter in supplements in a separate dairy cat and track.

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I want a glass of milk, thanks.
  • dankirkman309
    Options
    Yes. Good idea.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    If I'm understanding you correctly, I have it set as a separate group. Is this what you mean?

2qqxrpr7b0o0.jpg
    temp.jpg 144.3K
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    ^^ I do that too. But I forget to take my vitamins most days....and just put in whatever I had for dessert instead.

There are more than a few days that my "vitamins" have consisted of cake.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    don't' take a multi- it's pretty much a waste of money and energy.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    don't' take a multi- it's pretty much a waste of money and energy.

I find I need the iron mine offers.

• JoRocka
    Options
    a specific deficit can be addressed specifically- most multivitamens are not needed if you eat a variety of foods. and I don't mean the general "clean/healthy" foods. i.e. my ice cream/yogurts are fortified and I get a lot from them.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    a specific deficit can be addressed specifically- most multivitamens are not needed if you eat a variety of foods. and I don't mean the general "clean/healthy" foods. i.e. my ice cream/yogurts are fortified and I get a lot from them.

I might not need a multi, but I also have no idea if or where I am deficient. So the easiest solution for me is to just take a multi as insurance.
  • coffee_man
    coffee_man Posts: 14 Member
    Options

jacksonpt wrote: »
    If I'm understanding you correctly, I have it set as a separate group. Is this what you mean?

2qqxrpr7b0o0.jpg

@jacksonpt That's exactly what I mean. How is this done? @neanderthin lol.
  • JoRocka
    Options

I might not need a multi, but I also have no idea if or where I am deficient. So the easiest solution for me is to just take a multi as insurance.

so- you aren't sure if you have cancer because you can't tell so you just take chemo???
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    carmnyc wrote: »
    jacksonpt wrote: »

2qqxrpr7b0o0.jpg

@jacksonpt That's exactly what I mean. How is this done? @neanderthin lol.

Go here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

Enter in a Meal Name titled whatever you want to call your supplements section and then Save Changes.

• sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options

Understood - but for some reason my exercise regimen leaves me slightly anemic, and as a result, feeling wiped at the end of the day. It's probably just a placebo effect, but I find the Centrum 50+ alleviates the issue.

• JoRocka
    Options
    sjaplo wrote: »

Understood - but for some reason my exercise regimen leaves me slightly anemic, and as a result, feeling wiped at the end of the day. It's probably just a placebo effect, but I find the Centrum 50+ alleviates the issue.

hey man- if it works it works- ultimately if you feel better it doesn't matter (obviously unless the potential effect isn't hiding some other issues- but that's a whole other thing.)

I'm not officially anemic- I run low enough to not be able to give blood 75% of the time- but just high enough for it not qualify me for anemia- I just eat more red dead things to make up the difference and it's worked out for me.. but I understand the struggle of being low and beat up by the end of the day.
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options

so- you aren't sure if you have cancer because you can't tell so you just take chemo???

Well, if there were no negatives to chemo, but it killed cancer cells...I'd probably take one, yeah.
  • coffee_man
    coffee_man Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @diannethegeek Thank you!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You can add them in the food diary, if you want.

I absolutely need one. Once I started tracking micros, I was surprised how off I was on so many.

One more pill is no big deal with all the rest, but one less is still one less, so I'm trying to work out a diet that meets all those little micros. It's not easy! I may just give up and stick with working on the ones that the MVN doesn't cover.

It would really be nice to know that I was getting what I needed from my diet, though. So, maybe one day! :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

So, no. That's not what she said.