My very first NSV, small but important to me.

Options
Karenvonw
Karenvonw Posts: 258 Member
I have always been a binge/emotional eater. Today while dancing and putting away laundry a song came on Pandora that brought up some bad memories and emotional feelings. Normally I would have stopped what I was doing grabbed some ice cream, peanut butter, cheeseburger, or all three, cried and felt sorry for myself and think about giving up. Today I did not. I pushed the dislike button to get Pandora to skip the song and never play it again. I did cry a little. I did NOT binge. I cried and danced to another song until the feeling passed. I CAN do this.

Replies

• jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    From one binge eater to another....WAY TO GO!!!!! AWESOME!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! I think this is a HUGE NSV!!!!! Great job!!! :)
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Definitely an awesome personal NSV on so many levels ... Where's the 'Like" button? ... LOL
  • Angeladobush
    Angeladobush Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good girl.....inner strength comes with getting physically healthy......you win this time!!:bigsmile:
  • 145Karen
    145Karen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow I can completely relate i write on my blog everyday my feelings on binge eating and the battle to stop it please join me maybe we can help each other.
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I am very happy for you. Time to think about yourself in the present not in the past.
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    You can, you can!!! Great job! :)
  • jetbutterfly
    Options
    Love pandora have it on the blu ray. Im sorry you were so sad, but at least you broke that bad habit of connecting food with feeling bad! Very important step! very proud of you :)
  • kriswigg
    kriswigg Posts: 95
    Options
    No such thing as a small victory. They are all big wins when we decide to take care of ourselves and get healthy. Good for you!!
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Not a binger but a night nosher here. Just as bad because I carry all those calories to bed with me - even if they're within my allowance. Gotta change that but after dark my will power seems to disappear!!
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    No such thing as a small victory. They are all big wins when we decide to take care of ourselves and get healthy. Good for you!!

I definitely agree !!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    And the good news is today you cried....

Sounds ironic huh, but YAY for you learning new way to cope with unpleasant feelings!!!!
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Way to go. Great NSV!
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    that is AWESOME! i however, did NOT do so well. i had the cheesburger, along with a bag of m&ms, a twix, 2 mountain dews ( i dont even drink pop), and STILL want to eat. and i wonder why im not losing weight! very proud of u! im hoping to get like u as well! congrats!
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    And the good news is today you cried....

Sounds ironic huh, but YAY for you learning new way to cope with unpleasant feelings!!!!
    I was thinking the same thing! :smile:
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Great job learning to handle it in a different way. I'm proud of you
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I Totally agree. This is not a small NSV......this is a VICTORY!! Good for you! I am both a binge eater AND a night-nosher! Argh! Not the dreaded twosome!! Anyway, Very proud of you for NOT giving in to OLD bad habits. You rock sweetie!:flowerforyou:
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    AWESOME that you recognized your feelings and resisted the urge to overeat. And AWESOME that you felt and dealt with the feelings instead, and AWESOME that you got rid of that song!

Great NSV -- thanks for sharing!
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Great job working through it. Emotional eating must be difficult to contend with. But, you prevailed! WTG!

M
  • wvmark41
    wvmark41 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Good job for being tough and through this.
  • serendipityrr
    serendipityrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    This is in no way small....it's a breakthrough!
    So happy for you!:happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!