I can't complete my entry if I still have about 300 calories to go..

Options
Hi everyone! ^^
I'm a total newby so I don't know if I'' doing something wrong or not...
I have about 250-350 calories left almost everyday (2 days now) and everytime I try to close my entry it notifies me that I'm not eating enough and can't close it for the day...
Should I just move on to "tommorow" or shove something in my mouth to make up for it XD ?
^^
Ps- I admire people on this app soooo much, for their goals and real attitude twards this jurney- it's just great to read all these comments and stories- makes a lerson feel much better ^^

Replies

• shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    That's because you need to eat at least 1200 calories a day (barring health issues, you being extra short, etc). If you're not hitting that amount, make sure you're logging correctly first of all. i.e. weighing portions, finding correct entries. If you weigh EVERYTHING and use correct entries, then try to find calorie dense foods to eat during the day. Nuts, add olive oil to cooking, etc.
  • nikolinejsha211
    Options
    I acctually can't eat any more than that cuz I just came out of surgery..ill be able to eat more after about 2 weeks :/
    Is 300 calories really that much to "ignore"?
    (I'm reeeeaaaly new to this and this is acctually my first "calorie counting")
  • agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Just don't worry about "closing" the diary. It's not needed for anything, am i right?
  • nikolinejsha211
    Options
    @agal129‌
    True <3 ^^
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I had trouble eating my targets right out of surgery too. My dietitian told me I was her first patient who managed to hit the 1,200 calorie a day target. I would have a full glass of juice (sipping slowly) at the end of the day if that's what it took.

By the way, overall my weight loss since surgery is twice as fast as expected. This would be worrying except I am careful to eat enough every day.
  • jenharner745
    Options
    Hi everyone! ^^
    I'm a total newby so I don't know if I'' doing something wrong or not...
    I have about 250-350 calories left almost everyday (2 days now) and everytime I try to close my entry it notifies me that I'm not eating enough and can't close it for the day...
    Should I just move on to "tommorow" or shove something in my mouth to make up for it XD ?
    ^^
    Ps- I admire people on this app soooo much, for their goals and real attitude twards this jurney- it's just great to read all these comments and stories- makes a lerson feel much better ^^

• jenharner745
    Options
    You can lower your daily caloric intake I settings. This will help. I have the same issue with eating enough. I work a lot and lunch breaks don't exist. What I've been doing is cooking food and bringing it with me to work and having it ready to eat when I get home. I've changed from eating 1 time per day or not at all to at least having three meals. Keep progressing and you will feel more hungry, especially before and after workouts. Protein shakes are a good help as well and you can log those. I hope this helps. Keep going!
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I acctually can't eat any more than that cuz I just came out of surgery..ill be able to eat more after about 2 weeks :/
    Is 300 calories really that much to "ignore"?
    (I'm reeeeaaaly new to this and this is acctually my first "calorie counting")

If you're medically restricted due to your surgery that qualifies as a reason to just ignore the MFP setting for now, obviously DR orders override a website. *IF* that's what your DR says.The reason MFP does it is to try and disuade and cut down on the people with eating disorders or the tendancy to have disordered habits.

• robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    One solution would be to enter an imaginary food to make up the missing calories which would enable you to close off the entry. As long as you know what the true facts are that's all that is required.
  • h3ath3r19
    h3ath3r19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It actually only "fusses" at you if you eat under 1,000 calories. If you are an adult, this the minimal amount of calories that you can eat and still get all the nutrients you need (according to smarter people than me). Do not just eat to eat though.
  • nikolinejsha211
    Options
    i was "eating" littleraly one cup of tea a day for 2 days after I got out XD, It sucked but it sidn't matter cuz i couldn't eat even If i wanted to.
    Thats why Im trying to lose more weight since the "surgery" helped me lose quitw a few (for motivation ehehe)
    @jgnatca‌ @jenharner745‌
    Guys thank You so much, You're so supportive :** and thank u for the advice to both of u :**
  • allanakern
    allanakern Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    shove something in your mouth
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I wish I had taken a picture of my side table at the hospital. It was piled high with liquid food I couldn't get down those first few days. Jell-o. Soup. Juices. My doctor accused me of being a hoarder, LOL. I was looking at that mountain (to me) wondering how I could possibly get it all down and then finally caved to the inevitable. I couldn't. Just yet.