Who here is doing low carb/Keto/ Paleo diet?

Options
Lately, it seems all I can find is stuff on 'eating clean' or vegan, which is great but my body hates me when I don't get a lot of fat or protein, so I started following a low carb/high protein approach after reading up on Ketosis and the Paleo diet. It is seriously working for me. I feel great and have lost a good amount of weight so far.

Am I the only one ?

Replies

• bmonahan115
    bmonahan115 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    not at all! paleo/primal here :-D it's done wonders for my health, i'm glad there are like-minded folks! :D
  • angechilada
    angechilada Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm doing keto, but I'm planning on switching to paleo after this semester is over to be able to fully adjust. It's awesome! :)
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Me too! Just posted something on my wall about that very thing.
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    eating clean doesn't mean you can't have fat or enough protein. Its about eating the right kind of fat and protein. Not to sound mean but I have done low carb diets and I hope you are ready to eat that way for the rest of your life because once you stop you will most likely gain it all back and plus some. I'm not a fan of low carb diets. Good luck!
  • leamgood
    leamgood Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am doing low carb as well! It has been the only diet that really works for me. As far as maintaing this life style I feel that is not as difficult as one may think.
  • skinnybitch1987
    Options
    @jessicajoy87 I suppose I could say the same to you : ) I was a vegetarian/clean eater for a year, and had a really hard time not cheating because I was SO ravenous all the time. This way of eating just works really well for me.
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    I'm a primalish girl. I've cut way back on dairy, but still eat a bit (though I go organic as much as possible. Way prefer clean eating. And my body definitely prefers high fat/ protein and low carb. I'm a meat and veggies girl.

I was vegetarian for about 4 years, and vegan for about one. I was hungry all the time and it made me eat a lot, and I didn't feel good... and I gained weight.

To console my former vegetarian conscience, I buy freerange and ethically farmed animal products :)
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    @jessicajoy87 I suppose I could say the same to you : ) I was a vegetarian/clean eater for a year, and had a really hard time not cheating because I was SO ravenous all the time. This way of eating just works really well for me.

I'm not a vegetarian:noway: . I try to eat healthy carbs and fats. I had a lot of problem when I went a low carb. It didn't work for me and I know several people who went on then off and gained all there weight back plus some. Its my personal opinion because of what I went through. I just wanted to caution you. I really hope it works out better for than it did for me. :smile:
  • skinnybitch1987
    Options
    I didn't say you were a vegetarian. A lot of clean eaters are, and I was.
  • peppycat
    peppycat Posts: 6
    Options
    Eating the Atkins diet here. Getting wheat, dairy, and sugar out of my diet has made a world of difference. My skin issues, and heartburn have cleared up. I've also had steady weight loss and not felt ravenous.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Another Paleo girl here................

Come on over and join us in these forums with other like minded people................

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/226494-no-grain-no-pain

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/232749-palelo-support-group?page=2#posts-3084891
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to watch my carbs, but I'm not following any particular diet.
  • emandbri
    emandbri Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm doing low carbs for now. I hurt my foot and need to stay off as much as possible but don't want to gain while I'm sitting all day! So far it is working. I've been sitting for 2 days and have lost 2 lbs.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Im doing low carb, high protein.... Its actually more of the body builders carb cycling diet which is easier to maintain for the rest of your life. every 4th day i get to load up on carbs to replenish my body, so if im craving a sweet potato or oatmeal i eat in on those days.
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    I do a keto/primal and LOVE IT, it woos for me and I feel great.
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    Im doing low carb, high protein.... Its actually more of the body builders carb cycling diet which is easier to maintain for the rest of your life. every 4th day i get to load up on carbs to replenish my body, so if im craving a sweet potato or oatmeal i eat in on those days.

Yes this is what I do also, I have a carb up day when I find my workouts suffer then I am fine, normally about every other week. Then I can have my popcorn!!!! Love popcorn.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all on this... it sounds terrible unhealthy and close to being anorexic in nature. I see some HUGE weight loss totals in this group, though, so it obviously is working for most of you here. I would just say... be careful. That's all. I'm not here to judge, but I know this lifestyle wouldn't work for me. Best to all!
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Paleo/Primal here for 4 months. LOVE it !!!
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    keto/primal here :) love it !!!! but there are alot of haters on mfp, just shake em off!! lol...ignorance is bliss....
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all on this... it sounds terrible unhealthy and close to being anorexic in nature. I see some HUGE weight loss totals in this group, though, so it obviously is working for most of you here. I would just say... be careful. That's all. I'm not here to judge, but I know this lifestyle wouldn't work for me. Best to all!

not every diet works for everyone. it really all comes down to your genetics, some people can metabolize carbs better than other people, it's all related to your insulin response. I'm insulin resistant, so a low carb diet works for me. it's not unhealthy at all. and i don't see any of us that are anorexic???