How to counteract the effects of trans fats?

Options
Hello everyone, I'm new here. I avoid junk foods, fried foods and foods high in sugar( excluding fruit), but I'm pretty sure that at some point in the day, I consume small amounts of trans fats. Are there any foods that can counteract the harmful effects of trans fats? And also, how long would it take for trans fats to wreak havoc on my cholesterol? By the way, I'm a 19 year old traditional college student( almost 20).

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    You're 19 years old, I wouldn't stress about it. If you're that concerned, go get a lipid panel and see how your cholesterol is.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Chillax. Your body is working like a machine to take care of that for you.
  • benmclin331
    benmclin331 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lol. So am I just over thinking this? Thanks!
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I don't know of anything specific that would "counteract" trans fats, but foods and lifestyle habits that reduce inflammation aren't a bad idea. Things like fatty fish, fresh veggies, homemade bone broth, turmeric, etc. Basically whole, nutrient dense foods. Then there are things like exercise, sleep, stress management, sun exposure and social interaction. But this is really just stuff that promotes good health in general. If you're leading a generally healthy lifestyle, I wouldn't worry about a little trans fat here and there.