Meal you can eat for under 100 cals

Options
Jeckia
Jeckia Posts: 77 Member
Are there any good meals you can make/eat for under 100 cals?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    100 calories isn't even a worthy snack.

The only filling thing I can think of for the calories would be 2 cups of chicken broth with an egg beaten in to make egg drop soup.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Not a meal. A snack. You won't go under 1,200 calories a day, right? My meals average between 300 and 600 calories each, the "ideal" being about 400.

One glass of 1% nonfat milk.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    100 calories is a small snack and in no way a full meal.
  • Jeckia
    Jeckia Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That's what I figured, but I thought I'd ask just in case.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    A scoop of protein powder blended with water. My snacks are more than 100 calories though.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirataki_noodles (zero calories)

Topped with reconstituted porcini mushrooms.

But.....WHY????

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    No. It's not even a snack for me. Ditch it or incorporate it in a meal.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirataki_noodles (zero calories)

Topped with reconstituted porcini mushrooms.

But.....WHY????

Those things are VILE!
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I can make a nice smoothie for under 150 calories, but not 100. That's more a snack than a meal, though it's a good tide-over between meals.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    A small piece of fruit.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon of peanut butter.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Let's see...I suppose a wedge of iceberg lettuce, couple of cucumber slices, and a dressing seasoned with my tears.

But seriously, if it's a matter of calorie mismanagement for the day (we ALL do that, it happens), you could just eat at maintenance for the day, which would give you 500 extra calories (if you're on 1lb/week loss goal, 250 extra for 1/2lb/wk loss goal). Then log it, put it behind you, and carry on tomorrow with better planning.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    A cup of steamed broccoli with lemon juice or tarragon vinegar, half a can of tuna in a half-tomato shell broiled with a scant sprinkle of cheddar cheese? IDK, man, that sounds like a meal but would still eat like a snack.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    @williams969 I so like your answer. Yes, there are days where I know by the afternoon that I will be over my goal that day. I shrug and carry on. I don't starve myself the rest of the day. That will only lead to a miserable night.
  • MTDDS18
    MTDDS18 Posts: 62 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I sometimes make a juice (with a juicer, not a blender) for a light breakfast or in addition to lunch, if you make it with mostly greens you can get at a 100 calorie mark. It's not by any means a good thing to juice exclusively, but as a supplement to meals can be a viable option.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My turkey and veggie stir fry tonight is 156 cals. Most of those are calories from the 119g of turkey breast, so I suppose it's possible if you cut back the turkey, but it's the protein I'm after.

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    @williams969 I so like your answer. Yes, there are days where I know by the afternoon that I will be over my goal that day. I shrug and carry on. I don't starve myself the rest of the day. That will only lead to a miserable night.

Seriously, I did that ONCE way back at the beginning of my weight loss. Cried off and on all night about "failing" myself and "how hard" it was to do this weight loss thing. Found MFP the next day, read and read and read. Opened my eyes to how to lose weight sanely, healthfully (physically AND emotionally), and NEVER with guilt or regret or "moralizing" food choices.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon of peanut butter.

Funny, that's the answer I gave in the thread where someone was asking what they should eat with the 100 calories they had left. Great minds.
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Low fat cottage cheese is 90 cal and you could have a few raw veggies with it too.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    An egg white omelet/scramble with veggies or a small bowl of homemade pumpkin or tomato soup.