Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

looking for some more advice.....

I am still not losing weight, have been logging for 115 days. I have had a deficit most of those days. I have just changed my goals to be lightly active, instead of moderately so now have a calorie goal of 1200 instead of 1380. I work out 6 days a week, pretty hard changing what I am doing. I am weighing 120 lbs right now at 5'1 ish. I have gone down to 117.8 but then a week or so later back up I go. Any ideas for helping me to really continue to lose?

thanks so much!!
angi

Replies

• mommy2626
    mommy2626 Posts: 32 Member
    I have changed my goals and now will eat back 1/2 of my calories. make sure to work out. Eating around 1400-1500 calories as long as I work out. can anyone else think of something that will help more?
    thanks so much!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,787 Member
    Are you weighing your solids and measuring your liquids?
  • mommy2626
    I have cups that I measure with, but no scale.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Get a scale and start weighing everything. I only looked at 2 days in your Diary, but it appears that you're eating a lot the calories that you burn exercising. Maybe try sticking to your daily calorie limit, not including what you earned exercising.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,787 Member
    Measuring solids with cups is really inaccurate. Try getting a scale (cheap on Amazon) and weighing your solid foods. You're likely eating more than you think, and you have a very slim margin for error.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Hi, 5'1 and 100-105 in maintenance.
    My MFP base is1200 and I eat back a percentage of my calories.
    Changing to a TDEE method I get 1483 per day. This works out about the same as my NEAT intake using MFP.
    Are you weighing and measuring your food correctly?
    What is your exercise routine?
    Are you doing any weight bearing routines?
    What percentage of your exercise calories are you eating back and how are you tracking them?
    This could make a big difference, as us smaller people have a much smaller margin of error.
    Even I lose on 1200 if I don't eat back enough of my exercise calories.

Cheers, h.
  • mommy2626
    edited January 2015
    thanks, yes i do all kinds of workouts, strength with weights as well as body weight, hiit , running, etc.. i do around an hour or so a day. i did find that over the holidays i worked out less and that was when i lost and kept it around 117, now that i am working out hard again,i have gone back up and am not sure how to get it to stay down. i do think that since i was eating more like 1700 calories even though i was showing a deficit could be the problem. this is why i changed to a lightly active and only1200 calories on here, then plan to eat back some of my calories. I will try to keep it close to 1200, but as long as i am working out i feel i need more :)
  • mommy2626
    bmr
    fat loss
    CALORIES/DAY
    Suggested 15%
    Aggressive 20%
    Reckless 25%
    Maintain
    CALORIES/DAY
    Same as TDEE
    Bulking
    CALORIES/DAY
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Try to keep at a TDEE of the lowest percentage weight loss and 5days exercise.
    An aggressive weight loss goal doesn't work well if there is little to lose.
    Take pics and keep a chart of your measurements, you may see your results better that way rather than on the scale.
    Cheers, h.
  • mommy2626
    thank you!!