After C-Section

Options
I know you can't choose where you reduce at however, I had a c-section fourteen years ago and still have the c-section skin. (if you know what I mean) Does anyone have any good exercises to try and reduce this area. I have tried planks, and situps but not much results. Any help would be appreciated. My 25th anniversary is this year and we are going on a cruise want to look my best.

Replies

• mrsclements86
    Options
    I have had three csections in the last nine years, the last one was four years ago. My Physical Therapist suggests pelvic thrusts.
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, everything I have read says that usually surgery is required to fix that. Some people have luck with reducing it with weigh loss and ab work.

Get supportive bikini bottoms...
  • acampbe2umd
    acampbe2umd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't know to what degree you have extra skin, so keep that in mind with regards to my experience. Of my 3 deliveries, my last two were c's in 2010 and 2013. I only have one side of my incision that is puckered in a sense. Maybe if I had an extremely low body fat and was really shredded, it would disappear, but I still don't think so without surgery. I am a normal sized person that lifts heavy, runs and is generally in good shape and it's still there. I still wear bikini bottoms, but I've changed the kind that I wear. The string ones that are too skimpy and go below my incision are obviously out and as long as the bottoms go completely over the top and not right at the incision, it appears flat with the suit over it. My favorites are the kinds with a roll over band on top because it gives it just a bit extra pressure to keep it flat. In terms of exercise, I stick to planks and jackknifes on the ball for most of my ab work.
  • whitemagnolia1
    whitemagnolia1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I will be much help. I had a c section (battle scars)16 years ago. Before pregnancy I was running and doing sit-ups, push-ups daily and obstacle courses or backpacking 5 miles weekly.The ab muscles have never fully come back. Still numb in a few spots too. I have been able to feel some of the muscles only since a few years ago and do crunches, but cannot go all the way to doing full sit-up. So I do the crunches with legs in elevated position and also alternate sides.I also hold the crunch position while lowering legs to just above the floor and bring back up to elevated position and half way position. The hardest is lowering legs and holding or fluttering just off the floor. I also work the sides by lying on one side and raise head (elbow) to contract the side and only do a few reps/sets of these because smaller muscles. Then I switch sides. Low carb diet has worked for me to lose weight without much exercise, but it is strict and has alot of sodium and if eat just one little carb over u ruin all of your effort and will not see weightloss for a few days afterward. I am sure you'd want to eat on the cruise ship, so prob not ideal. I have gained that weight back, and have to eat low sodium now...calorie for weightloss works but takes time and discipline. Full body exercises take off weight all over the body, even in abs area. Running does, too. Depends on your preferred diet/ exercise and timeframe. Not trying to be mean, you could accept your battle scars, as well. These exercises are from Corey Everson Rock Hard Abs and Glutes. Hope these help you. Best of luck.
  • bm920
    bm920 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You know if you have Diastasis Recti from the pregnancy? That could be a large factor in how you train you abdominals.