Which do you prefer

Options
I have never tried either Almond Milk or Coconut Milk. Do you have a preference?

Replies

• Renee0887
    Renee0887 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I prefer the almond milk, it's less rich and heavy than the coconut milk.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Cashew milk
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    lucys1225 wrote: »
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk

+1, this has the ability to use in smoothies much better than coconut milk (I'm not a fan of coconut though either).
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Soy over almond, almond over coconut for me.
  • ElizabethNJ
    ElizabethNJ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The coconut flavor just takes over for me, I'm not a fan. I prefer unsweetened vanilla almond, but I also use organic soy milk because it adds the least flavor, especially in my coffee.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I personally like the almond milk better. But I recently tried the cashew milk and like it even more than the almond.
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Get the blend of the two. It tastes the best in my opinion. YMMV. Also which Almond Milk though? The dark chocolate is my favorite. Vanilla is pretty good. The unsweetened ones less so but still OK enough for cereal. Beyond that, well, get milk.

I was debating on this when I went to the store yesterday...and opted for my normal Vanilla Almond milk. I'll have to try it next time!

I just switched to (mostly) almond milk in the last couple months and love it! I get the Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk from Almond Breeze.
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk. I get Silk almond milk, original, unsweetened. 35 calories a cup? Yes please! I only use it for cereal and smoothies, though. I was never much of a milk drinker, so I prefer it for the nutrients and low calories over the taste.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    sweetened vanilla almond milk! but i HATE coconut, so my opinion is biased.
  • mrsjeffreyp
    mrsjeffreyp Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I have decided I am going to try some new things this year and appreciate all your input!
  • muah3iluvzu06
    muah3iluvzu06 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I prefer almond milk.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    grimendale wrote: »
    Soy over almond, almond over coconut for me.

This. But soy only because I need every bit of protein I can get.
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the brand too- I absolutely love so delicious coconut milk vanilla; very different than the canned coconut milk with all the fat which is really great for smoothies, but not for every day!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze. Low in calories and DOESN'T ruin everything by making it taste like coconut. BTW I like coconut but not as a flavour base for everything. I never use it as a pourable milk, or coconut oil, YUK! Only good as a dessert flavour or using actual coconut milk in the can for Thai curries. Soy milk has a nasty aftertaste.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    almond milk, chocolate please! <3
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk-30 calories per cup!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Do the above mentioned milks have less calories than cows milk? The milk I use has 39 calories per 100ml. How does that compare to the almond and coconut milks. Btw I'm an Aussie, and have no clue how much ounces are.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Do the above mentioned milks have less calories than cows milk? The milk I use has 39 calories per 100ml. How does that compare to the almond and coconut milks. Btw I'm an Aussie, and have no clue how much ounces are.

This compares cow and almond milk' nutritional profiles. The examples they used were 146 calories for whole cow milk vs. 40 for almond.