Is it normal too feel off ( feels like I'm getting sick ) when starting a new workout program?

Options
I've been doing a new workout program ufcfit" for a week now... I've been feeling so off not myself since I've started I'm sore all over from the new workout program my moods are off too ( not the time off the month and I'm not preggo I thought maybe I'm over training I take one rest day a week I only workout for up to an hr a day 6 days a week, I just finished T25 alpha beta gamma round ( didn't feel like this on that program ) this ufcfit is so different more harder.. Is it my body is changing & not liking what I'm putting it through? Just need some suggestions Plz Tia I'm eating back my exercise calories, I'm drinking a lot of water also, I average 2000 cal a day... Help?

Replies

• 4bettermenow
    4bettermenow Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I always feel "off" for the first week after starting a new exercise program. *shrug* I thought it was just me.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    No not just you... I swear this program is pushing me more than ever
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Yup, always tired and slightly off. This is when I get back on MFP and make sure I log carefully until I stabilise my CICO.
    Cheers, h.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Tired and sore where you can tell the soreness is from the workout, yes. Normal.
    If feeling that way messes with your general mood, then yes, normal.

General achyness that doesn't seem to be from the workout or a feeling of malaise that is not simply because you're tired and sore, not normal and may be a sign you're getting sick.

Kind of hard to differentiate sometimes.
  • bm920
    bm920 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    If its pushing you much harder then you need to make sure you are recovering properly (hydration, nutrition, sleep, etc)
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    i tried to do insanity b/c my friend gave me her DVD's and i almost died. i had chest pains and felt like i was getting the flu. i did it for a few days to see if it would pass but it never did. i will never do anything like that again. i stick to my free weights and treadmill.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I definitely need more sleep for about a month after ramping up an exercise program.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Any time you change something, whether it be your diet, exercise, medication, etc., you "shock" your body.

It is entirely normal to feel off when starting a new workout program. It's entirely normal to be sore. Sore is good! It means you are doing something right.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted and for the responses because I have been experiencing the same thing. I started actually eating below my calorie goal consistently this week, and simultaneously switched to a standing desk (work from home) while wearing weighted vest/ankle weights/ arm weights, and adding a lot of walking and active tasks to my daily routine. I feel a little washed out, but it's good to know I will get used to this. On the plus side, it's been a great week for weight loss!
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    lina011 wrote: »
    I've been doing a new workout program ufcfit" for a week now... I've been feeling so off not myself since I've started I'm sore all over from the new workout program my moods are off too ( not the time off the month and I'm not preggo I thought maybe I'm over training I take one rest day a week I only workout for up to an hr a day 6 days a week, I just finished T25 alpha beta gamma round ( didn't feel like this on that program ) this ufcfit is so different more harder.. Is it my body is changing & not liking what I'm putting it through? Just need some suggestions Plz Tia I'm eating back my exercise calories, I'm drinking a lot of water also, I average 2000 cal a day... Help?

Cut back to 4 days maybe so you can adjust. Also, drink a gatorade lite after working out. If it does not improve, see a physician.
    "homemade Gatorjuice'
    8 ounces orange juice
    1 tablespoon salt
    1 tablespoon sugar
    64 ounces water
    Mix well keep in jug in fridge.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone , hope thinks improve soon, not giving up yet!
  • emmab852012
    emmab852012 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    yep I always get "sick" when starting something different or back in the gym...