Pants for short people!?

Options
dizzzigrl
dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
So I am 5'1 (and a half) and I am having a tough time finding pants /tights that fit! Unless I buy capris, they bunch up around my ankles or knees or both. Any of you short girls find a brand that fits right?

Replies

• ckmnacln
    ckmnacln Posts: 370 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I am 5'2" and I like Levi's but I always have to get "short" in about every brand.

Should have added for non-jeans I like the mossimo (target) brand.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Lmao.. I tuck my pants into my flats hahahaha...
    #ShortPeopleProblems
  • dizzzigrl
    Options
    I wear old navy jeans. But I mean workout pants specifically :)
  • Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    When you find some let me know... lol. I'm always tripping on my yoga pants.
  • dizzzigrl
    Options
    It looks like Old Navy carries activewear in petite also - who knew?
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    In addition to those mentioned, Gap (my personal favorite) and Athleta also offer a selection of workout pants in petite (Athleta is pricier, but Gap always has sales). Lululemon (also spendy) does hem for free if you have a store in your area. C9 (by Champion) at Target offers pants in short lengths. I've never ordered from Lucy.com but they also offer short length pants.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    So, I worked for Gap Body Fit and their fit pants/capris are made out the same blend of material as lululemon and made in same factory. They have "ankle" length (aka short) length in most of their pants except for their full length legging (gFast), they have the leggings in capris and I love them. They are the only capris I have that don't ride up and bunch around my lower knee. They last a really long time, I have had a pair for years. I love them. They always have sales, if you have a store by you their clearance is 40% off a lot too. They have moisture wicking and cotton with moisture wicking material.

Besides, Gap Body Fit, I like Under Armor for their leggings/capris because they are a great thinner material that keeps me dry and cool. I live in Florida and cool/dry is important! They are thinner but I don't feel like I'm exposed in them - if that makes sense. I am 5'2/5'3 and I've found that their full length leggings are a good length for me, not too long. Their capris ride up and bunch at my lower knee, but I have 15in calves, so I don't blame the pants.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Victoria secret makes yoga pants in short lengths and I get jeans and dress pants from express. I'm 5 '2'

I haven't tried VS yoga pants, but I LOVE their sports bras. They are seriously awesome. I actually feel secured and not squashed/uncomfortable. I grabbed a few during their semi-annual sale for $16.99. I can't wait to get more.

I love Express for their short size jeans too.
  • dizzzigrl
    Options
    I have quite a few pair from VS, tights, yoga pants - but never looked for short. Good tip to look for "ankle" length. Thanks!
  • olivetwistful
    olivetwistful Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    They're pricey but I swear by J. Brand (at 4'11" my inseam is 27"). And if you don't want to bother doing it yourself (pretty easy with a sewing machine), I've never had a tailor charge more than $10 for hemming.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Try shorts.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Workout pants? Like leggings? I'm 5'1, I get all mine at JC Penny or Target.