Question for the girls...

Options
monkeefun
monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
Does anyone else often have a "bad" day when they first start their monthly each time? It seems like for me, I'm usually feeling sick, grumpy, and hungry all day long. I like to think I'm good about my workouts too (must be the anger... ;-) ), but as far as eating goes it seems like it's awful. For example, today all I craved for breakfast? Blueberry muffins. Lunch was good, I had salad - with probably too much dressing though. Dinner was pizza. And a lot of it :-P. I drank a ton of water and milk with my dinner, and the grumpy part of me still doesn't care about my awful eating today. Is it it okay to allow myself that day of "grumpy" eating? :-P And does anyone else have the same issue?

Replies

• eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Mine usually occurs the day before I start but I definitely have one. I don't worry too much about a day or 2 a month though. 1 bad day didn't make me a fatso to begin with so I don't worry about one bad day ruining my plan to get skinny.
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    around day 2, when it's really bad, i feel extra tired and extra hungry. i actually take that day to indulge if i really feel like it will make me feel better. i always make sure to still truly enjoy whatever little 'cheap' i'm eating. i also try to make sure i still get some sort of low intensity workout in, to ease cramps and lift my mood a bit.
  • RCMILLER2
    RCMILLER2 Posts: 38
    Options
    I definitely have that problem the first day. I usually dont feel like doing anything but I try to make sure I still do my work out because I know I will feel better after. My doctor told me its normal to craver certain things during that time and she told me to eat what I am craving but in small portions.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    UGHHHHHH I'm on that day today... I am trying SO hard to resist my urges, but I'm thinking I might just chuck it all and have a pity party for myself tonight... I feel MISERABLE!!! BLECH! :'(
  • JJ_27
    JJ_27 Posts: 19
    Options
    I think it's okay to be a bit gentle on yourself on that day. As long as I dont go overboard i let myself have more if I feel I need it, hope that helps :)
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have that also. I allow myself a little something just to keep me from overdoing it. I also find that taking an iron supplement for those days is also helpful in keeping my strength up.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I don't really get moody or hungry. I just get cramps. I think the worst part of it for me is that BLOOD IS COMING OUT OF MY VAGINA!
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I just hate it overall - easily worst time of the month for me :(. Usually I get the cramps so badly I'm vomiting and everything else. So on the days when I get it and I AM hungry, I think a part of me splurges because I feel like at least I'm not throwing it up. Still sulky and grumpy though. Sigh.
  • dmkaiser83
    dmkaiser83 Posts: 89
    Options
    I'm the same way! It makes me sick, puts me on the couch, and I will kill a bag of doritos! Luckily it only lasts on day and then I'm good to go and back on track!