Antisnacking !

Options
hello ! I'm really needing some support I can eat healthy low calorie meals daily like it is no body's business but I can't stop snacking ! Does anyone have any tips ? Anything will help at this point !

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    amber nothing worked in my case short of giving up all sugar. It was worse than bad for two weeks then the cravings backed off. If I eat sugar from any source they do return. Some say any form of grain increases one's appetite. What works for one may not work for another to try some things and see how it goes.
  • amber2141mfp
    Options
    Okay thanks ! I'm always cravings chips and crackers so I need to find a healthy replacement
  • jennnsmll
    jennnsmll Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fruit I find is the best snack to, or nuts. Even an apple with almond butter on it is pretty filling.:)
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Nuts... They help with satiety.
  • GinaG1026
    Options
    Carrots and hummus!! They satisfy that crunchy craving I have - as well as the dipping craving!! :)
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Portion everything. Split your chips or crackers up, put them in little baggies according to serving size, or the calories you want. Or put some in a bowl and put the rest away.

I've gotta say though...I'm not a chip person at all, but Veggie Straws are delicious, and you can eat 38 for like 130 calories!! Way more flavor too.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I find that having snacks is a great way to keep me on track. Some carbs, fiber and protein is a great snack. When I was doing bodybuilding competition prep my afternoon snack was often a 100 calorie bag of pop-corn (good for crunch and you can pick salty or kettlecorn for sweet) plus some greek yogurt or cottage cheese or hard boiled eggs (sometimes just white and sometimes whole).
  • TheOriginalNapster
    Options
    I definitely have that same issue! I've started eating plain popcorn with a little bit of salt if I really need a snack. Otherwise I try to go for hummus and broccoli.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Perhaps if you also up the calories in your meals (protein & fat help me a lot), you'll be able to ward off the snack attacks.