Prosthetics/wedding!!

Options
hey everyone!! I just started this about two weeks ago!!! I was born missing both of my legs above the knee and a fused hip - weight has always been a struggle for me! even being born missing both of My legs I played
High school and college softball and was always able to keep
My weight under control by staying active that way.. But once I was done with college, I stopped playing softball. My brother also passed away recently and I gained a lot of weight during that time. I am 27 years old and so
Embarrassed to say I am over 200 pounds - I am a 6th grade teacher now, and am sitting in my wheelchair for basically the whole day. I met a man I fell in love with about 5 years ago and he recently proposed to me!! :) I always dreamed about walking down the isle in prosthetic legs on my wedding day and recently have been in the process of physical
Therapy and dieting to get ready to be molded for prosthetic legs! My wedding is October 17 2015 And I have to prove to my insurance company and prosthetic doctor that I am ready to be molded by March 20-- they asked me to lose about 20 pounds by then. I have been going to the gym, getting out of the wheelchair more at home, and doing physical therapy twice a week! I am truly hoping this plan will help me reach my
Goal!! Any advice or help is SO appreciated!!!! ❤️❤️

Replies

• aless820
    aless820 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like and can ask me any questions you might have! Congrats on the engagement and I can already see your determination and motivation!
  • GinaG1026
    Options
    Aw thanks so much!!! I will!! I have no friends on here! Haha :)
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    You have a lot on your plate! I was 200 when I started and it took me a little over 2 months to get to 180. Remember that weight loss is mostly calorie intake, not just workouts, so buy a food scale and weigh everything. You got this!
  • GinaG1026
    Options
    Good to know!!!! Thanks so much!!! I am really trying to keep on track with my calorie intake ! Appreciate the tip! ❤️
  • gettinfitaus
    gettinfitaus Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You have a lot on your plate! I was 200 when I started and it took me a little over 2 months to get to 180. Remember that weight loss is mostly calorie intake, not just workouts, so buy a food scale and weigh everything. You got this!

What she said! But seriously you can do this.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    here is my advice…

1. enter your stats into MFP and set it for one pound per week loss.
    2. get a food scale, and weigh/log/measure everything that you eat
    3. realize that no foods are good or bad. You can eat what the foods that you like, just make sure that you are hitting the calorie number that MFP gives you.
    4. set your macro percents to 35 protein, 35 carbs, 30 fats…
    5. find something that you like to do exercise wise and do it…< this is not necessary but is important for overall health and body comp…
    6. repeat until you get desired results…

I promise it really is that easy. You do not need to torture yourself and restrict foods that some deem "bad"..

good luck to you ..your story is awesome!
  • GinaG1026
    Options
    Awesome!!! Thank you guys so
    Much!!! I will get a food scale this weekend! I really appreciate the support you guys are awesome!! ❤️❤️
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I know you are super excited about this and that's great. Unfortunately it's against the rules to start the same thread in multiple sections. Sorry to be the Debbie Downer on your topic. Just wanted to let you know, so you can avoid potentially getting in trouble for violating the rules in the future. Good luck on your weight loss and congratulations on all the exciting things coming up for you!

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10055876/wedding-prosthetic-legs#latest
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10055862/wedding-prosthetic-legs#latest

myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • GinaG1026
    Options
    Good
    To
    Know! Thank you!!
  • paulamcconnell2015
    Options
    Woo hoo! Just take it moment by moment; one tiny victory at a time! You'll get there. 20 pounds by March 20th is totally doable - I'll cheer you on!
  • HillmanVTfan
    HillmanVTfan Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hello GinaG. Congrats on your engagement. I work in Physical Therapy and would like to know all the progress you are making. If you like, you can add me as a friend and we can talk. I know you can achieve any goals you set.
  • GinaG1026
    Options
    Oh wow that is awesome!!! Yes would absolutely LoVe to be in contact with you!!!! I haven't figured out how to add friends yet!! Haha so feel free to
    Add me if you don't get a request in a few minutes!!! Thanks so much!!!