Challenge/Support Group Looking for New Members

Options
I have been a member of a challenge/ support group for awhile now. Unfortunately, we have lost quite a few members due to life circumstances. We are currently looking to add new members to motivate and re-energize our group.

A little bit about the group:

We have weekly weigh ins and weekly challenges.
We chat a lot throughout the week about weight loss things and life in general.
The group is called H.E.L.D. Together because it revolves around 4 categories necessary for weight loss: Hydration, Exercise, Lifestyle, and Diet.
The group is private which encourages openness and honesty.

Who we are looking for:

Women only
Needing to lose at least 25 pounds
Between the ages of 25-50 (most of us are working mothers)
Preferably in North America, so we are in similar time zones and use similar units of measurement
We are looking to add 10-12 new members

If you are interested or would like to know more about the group, please send me a PM. I will say upfront that we are going to be selective in finding members that we think will mesh well with the couple of people we still have left from our old group. If your profile is not open and public, please tell me something about yourself. I will send an invite to new members and I will post here when the group is closed.

Good luck to everyone in their weight loss journey

Replies

• addiec1
    addiec1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    bump
  • addiec1
    Options
    bump
  • addiec1
    Options
    bump
  • gomezdiana06
    gomezdiana06 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi addiec1 this group sound awesome I would love to have support of a group to continue on the right track. I am 26 years old just had my little girl 8 mths ago and am trying to loose the baby weight plus a little more. I started this app about a week ago at 180 and have lost 3 pounds since. This is the heaviest I've ever been my goal is to get back to 150 where i originally was...I have a full time job and come home to my husband and four year old son who love to snack. I am consistently on this app monitoring my calories and encouraging others.. I would to have a support group who's on here daily.
  • addiec1
    Options
    bump
  • addiec1
    Options
    bump
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! But I've only got 8-10lbs left so I guess that rules me out :(
  • addiec1
    Options
    ka97 I'm in maintenance if you are interested you are more than welcome to join
  • shenica1
    shenica1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AGlenn83
    Options
    I am interested. I am a 31 year old stay at home mom of 3. I currently weight 175 and looking to lose about 30 lbs (or more!!)
  • addiec1
    Options
    bump
  • addiec1
    Options
    bump
  • lyndz_m0m_to_3
    lyndz_m0m_to_3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sent you a message
    :-)
  • addiec1
    Options
    bump
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I am interested. My profile pretty much sums me up. I was referred by a MFP friend.
  • becca_jean17
    becca_jean17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Still room for new members?
  • Mishitashin
    Options
    Aaaargh lol still getting a handle on this. New to the site. 37, trying to lose 50 lbs. Doing my best to work all four principles of HELD. Love group work. Im from RI and believe in hope, action, and compassion.
  • Mishitashin
    Options
    Let me know if I can join!
  • chemjenny
    chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. I'm 44, trying to lose 12 lbs, but life keeps getting in the way. 3 kids, work full time.
  • 13434dd
    Options
    Add me!