New to the "community" side of mfp

Options
Hello- I am new to the community of my fitness pal but have had the app a while and have used it off and on. I'm currently using it to get some weight off and get healthy again. I have recently become diabetic and beginning of high blood pressure. I don't have huge goals like I should. If I could just lose 30-60lbs I would still be considered overweight or obese but I think I would be healthier. I have not made the scales move much in the past two weeks and I'm discouraged.
Some of my biggest problems is not knowing what to eat or eating enough. For example I found myself at only 1,000 calories and no clue what to eat.. I ended up turning to sugar which is bad lol..
Any food ideas?

Replies

• bethpeterson
    bethpeterson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I wish I had amazing advice... I pulled up your thread because I too need help. If you are not getting enough calories daily and find yourself snacking on junk, remember the old saying, garbage in, garbage out... If you don't fuel your body well it will not perform well. Healthy snacks could be cheese, deli meat, or even a glass of milk. Sometimes a dose of protein will help you curb those sugar cravings.
  • nutshell520
    Options
    I'm new to this too. I've been amazed to see how many calories I've actually been eating. I totally understand the "I don't know what to eat" thing, I'd always get so bored with all the usuals. A few months ago I signed up with Blue Apron and I've been LOVING it! It's forcing me to actually cook (which I do enjoy) plus I've tried tons of new foods and cooked with vegetables I never even knew existed before. I don't want to sound like an advertisement, it certainly isn't for everyone, but it's been great for me. As for the sugar thing, yeah, I get that too. I have a big time sweet tooth and have to make a conscience effort to not eat sweets. I'll usually give myself some leeway once in awhile, the key is to keep it in moderation. Sometimes it helps to keep fresh fruit around or even toast with Nutella, it's still not healthy per se, but a better alternative to a giant brownie. It's easy to get discouraged, just try to focus on the positives and making small steps in the right direction. You got this!
  • ruelala88
    ruelala88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!