Fifty seven, Fabulous with Fifty pounds to lose!

Options
Just started MFP and really enjoyed reading notes from the community. One member wrote this and It has been my mantra ever since. "A year from now I will be glad that I started today!"
I have started exercising but feel so sluggish doing it. How long will it take to feel good exercising?

Replies

• yasminara
    yasminara Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Gosh Id love to see the answer here! I have the same question!
  • BJRDmom
    BJRDmom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm starting slow so I figure it will take some time.
  • hmarini1120
    hmarini1120 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started last August. And I was off and on. It took me about a month of just pushing myself to go before I kind of got the hang of it in my schedule. But where the real change happens is when you quit. I took about 6 weeks off and ate what I wanted and didn't exercise. Ugh, I never felt worse. But it was like riding a bike, got right back into the swing of things at the beginning of this year. And I feel amazing. I haven't lost a lot of weight, but I feel better at 41 than I did in my 20s or 30s. Keep up the good work and keep pushing yourself to work out, trust me.... there will be a point that you just wake up and long to work out.

• Carol_123
    Carol_123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure when it starts to feel good exercising but it sure feels great after you've exercised. Every week you get stronger and stronger no matter crappy or weak you feel starting out. While I have a long way to go, I can do things now I couldn't do before (like a pushup) and it feels fantastic seeing these changes.
  • BJRDmom
    Options
    Thanks hmarini1120 and Carol_123. I'm at the feeling crappy and weak stage but am determined to stick with it. I just joined a gym so I'm putting my money where my mouth is so to speak. I'll just endure this initial phase until exercising starts to feel good.
  • Dreamersnest
    Options
    If your eating clean and exercising, id say three weeks for the sluggish feeling to go away! Especially if you are cutting caffeine. It takes two weeks for headaches and cravings to stop. Im here if you need support! Add me!
  • BJRDmom
    Options
    Is it better for weight loss to cut caffeine out? I drink 2 cups of tea per day. My sugar cravings are gone now after only 5 days:-)
  • robyn0212
    Options
    You'll start feeling good soon. Maybe a week. Motivation is hard.