Fitbit Flex

Options
i am having difficulty figuring out how to use my FBFlex with MFP. If I do 30 mins on the cardio and the treadmill, I feel like I am getting too many exercise calories and end up deleting Fitbit adjusted calories. Any idea or suggestions? I wanted a FBFLEX to let it sync for me.

Replies

• noleaddict
    noleaddict Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That should be elliptical and treadmill.
  • superlauren11
    superlauren11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    As noted by their website, the flex unfortunately does not accurately log work done on the elliptical. I usually manually enter whatever the machine tells me from my age/weight. It's a bit more accurate I believe.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Wear a HRM during that exercise and log into MFP the actual time and calorie burn and it will adjust your calories accordingly.. then it should add or subtract calories based on the deficit you told fitbit that you want to keep. The Polar brand is pretty good priced on Amazon.
  • lavenderkae
    Options
    I manually enter activity here any time I'm using a machine, because the Fitbit has trouble reading ellipticals or machines that don't require full arm movement (like bikes!). My trick to make that work and still use the Fitbit activity calories for the rest of my day is to enter "Driving" for the time period I was on machines on my Fitbit account so that it negates steps during that time period entirely, and then manually enter the correct values from the machines I used (like the elliptical or bike) here. That way I still get credit for walking/running/moving around all day from my Fitbit, but also get correct workout values for my machine exercise activities. It's a little extra effort, but it makes for a more accurate read of the day overall.
  • noleaddict
    noleaddict Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!