Feeling so hungry in the afternoons.

Options
Ok I have been trying everthing...I just don't know what to do..I eat my meals regular, I try to eat protien for lunch...oh but...when the afternoons come..4-6 pm Iam feeling so hungry..then I start to snack...please feel free to check out my diary....really need help:)))
Thanks everyone
Debra:)

Replies

• Lkglunt
    Lkglunt Posts: 4
    Options
    lol for real i have the same problem. ive just been drinking lots of water if i do snack i try almonds or rice cakes,
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I used to be starving too in the early to mid afternoons where I would pig out at dinner time. Now I have a protein supplement when I start getting hungry and that fills me up until its time to get home. Then I eat early, usually 4-5 each day. Then I have my late snack a couple hours later. The protein really helps me stay full. I use the Gnc - Total Lean - Lean Protein Weight Control Supplement - Berry Fusion, and it is only 50 calories per scoop and by far the best tasting (not to sound like a commercial LOL!)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Strangely I find that if I eat protein at breakfast I don't snack in the morning or afternoon. I have been focusing so much on making sure I eat either eggs or a lean meat for breakfast. Today I had an everything bagel thin with fat free cream cheese, a couple of small slices of deli turkey, and raspberries for breakfast, right at 200 calories and I had no morning snack and half a banana in the afternoon. If I don't have anything available with protein for breakfast I make a chai tea latte, mixing in a half a scoop of vanilla protein powder into the milk before stirring into the tea. It really helps...if I don't have protein for breakfast I have trouble ALL day!
  • papamurphy
    papamurphy Posts: 5
    Options
    1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter will fill you up for a few hours. Works for me and when balanced right with my meals does not add too many calories to my day.
  • jaybug77
    jaybug77 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i get the munchies in the afternoon too. i eat those 100 calorie snacks. they seem to do the trick. :)
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I do too and just don't even have the energy to cook by dinner time. I find that eating a string cheese mid afternoon, even if I don't feel hungry yet, keeps me from starving and snacking later.
  • Sexymama34
    Sexymama34 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    lol for real i have the same problem. ive just been drinking lots of water if i do snack i try almonds or rice cakes,

LOL...thats funny...me too..like 12 glasses a day...rice cakes too..and almonds....just still falling for the cookies:(((
  • Jaki1281
    Jaki1281 Posts: 3
    Options
    Do you try increasing your fiber? Fiber keeps you feeling fuller longer - I know Special K has some fiber bars at 90 calories each and there are 100 calorie English Muffins too that are high in fiber as well. If I eat more fiber during the day it cuts down on snacking later in the day. My snacking urges usually starts around 6-7pm - I also eat a tablespoon of peanut butter sometimes and that helps with cravings.
  • Sexymama34
    Options
    Strangely I find that if I eat protein at breakfast I don't snack in the morning or afternoon. I have been focusing so much on making sure I eat either eggs or a lean meat for breakfast. Today I had an everything bagel thin with fat free cream cheese, a couple of small slices of deli turkey, and raspberries for breakfast, right at 200 calories and I had no morning snack and half a banana in the afternoon. If I don't have anything available with protein for breakfast I make a chai tea latte, mixing in a half a scoop of vanilla protein powder into the milk before stirring into the tea. It really helps...if I don't have protein for breakfast I have trouble ALL day!

Thanks so much for the info..I always have my protein at Lunch..mybe this is to late for me..I will start tomorrow morning with protein....I will let you know how it goes....an that latte sounds good!..I have to try this:)
    Also what kind of protein should I get..just a protein powder or whey protein?
  • Sexymama34
    Options
    Do you try increasing your fiber? Fiber keeps you feeling fuller longer - I know Special K has some fiber bars at 90 calories each and there are 100 calorie English Muffins too that are high in fiber as well. If I eat more fiber during the day it cuts down on snacking later in the day. My snacking urges usually starts around 6-7pm - I also eat a tablespoon of peanut butter sometimes and that helps with cravings.

Thanks:)) I eat a Fiber 1 bar in the morning..it has 100 calories..I eat alot of fiber through the day...and I was wondering the same..this should be keeping me full!..I will also try peanut butter...this all should help:))
    Thanks once again.
  • Sexymama34
    Options
    I used to be starving too in the early to mid afternoons where I would pig out at dinner time. Now I have a protein supplement when I start getting hungry and that fills me up until its time to get home. Then I eat early, usually 4-5 each day. Then I have my late snack a couple hours later. The protein really helps me stay full. I use the Gnc - Total Lean - Lean Protein Weight Control Supplement - Berry Fusion, and it is only 50 calories per scoop and by far the best tasting (not to sound like a commercial LOL!)

Thanks:)..I will be getting a protein powder...I moved and do not have a GNC in my area...so I will check out the store around to see what they have.
  • KimberSt
    KimberSt Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Now, this is just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth....

Several people have suggested several different types of snacks that will squelch your hunger pangs. HOWEVER, in reading your food diary, you are way over on sugar as it stands. Do you really want to add more sugar? I would think not.

I would take a good look at your diary and try to spread your food choices out a bit differently. Perhaps breaking them up into six to eight meals a day rather than three meals a day plus snacks. What about substitutions for the snacks? A piece of fruit or sugar snap peas? Something that you could still get the sustenance to fill your need and still maintain your calorie intake for the day.

It can't hurt!!
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    This has become my major problem over the last 2 weeks as well. About 2 hours before dinner, I get so snacky and want to eat everything and nothing satisfies me. Very frustrating!
  • Lkglunt
    Lkglunt Posts: 4
    Options
    lol i love love cookies as well, i try and eat the 100 calorie cookies they are pretty good:) keep up the good work you will get there:)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    These are your net calories for the past few days:

Average: 944.4

Looks like you're under-eating. You're hungry because you should be hungry. Solution: eat.
  • ashahl
    ashahl Posts: 81
    Options
    These are your net calories for the past few days:

Average: 944.4

Looks like you're under-eating. You're hungry because you should be hungry. Solution: eat.

Amen.