hi I am a binge eater/bulimic and I have a problem.

Options
I use to justify my bad habits and make excuses. I have to stop for my own health and my mental health. I started by coming clean to my husband who was shocked but told me he will help me in any way. I have gained a crazy amount of weight in a short time, and I feel sick almost constantly. I am making small changes lowring my calories slowly and I am going to talk to my doctor. I could use some friends to help encourage me or maybe you are also in this position and need a like minded friend. It starts today.

Replies

• ChanaRo
    ChanaRo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Having a supportive husband is HUGE. And you will find support here. And your doctor should have resources to a support group and therapist who can help you. Or your insurance company might have resources.
  • healthiermeep
    Options
    I am happy to have him he is my rock. I am nervous about what will happen but it needs done.
  • meds601
    meds601 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try walking in the morning a mile or two and eat healthy foods. Sounds like you have been through alot it will take time for you to feel better. If you smoke stop. Trust me I used to smoke and now I feel so much better!!
  • healthiermeep
    Options
    Thankfully I never smoked I think walking and exercise will really help. I will be out and about a lot at least.
  • BRGEO
    BRGEO Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Get professional help. Remember, you deserve to be happy.
  • healthiermeep
    Options
    We are going to behavior health in the am
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's a huge step you've taken and I applaud you for it. There are lots of supportive people here. :)
  • healthiermeep
    Options
    Glad to here it I think this will be easier with ppl who have my back
  • BRGEO
    BRGEO Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Breath deep and enjoy "coming clean". Good Luck!
  • alicecundick123
    alicecundick123 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was the same still have the odd moment but I'm more aware of what is happening now and can control it better. Long story but basically I've had about 10 years of yo yo diets and crash diets etc and just formed a really bad relationship with food.. I've found I am much better if I don't let myself get too hungry balanced meals and eating breakfast r my saviors. I used to not eat all day (thinking I would loose weight) and would end up staving and prone to binges. Actually got diagnosed with bed a couple of years ago alongside postnatal depression and anxiety. Put on anti depressants and left too it. They didn't help and I piled on more pounds. I hope u get more support. I'm pleased to say I'm generally much better now

Add me if u like I would love to support you through this x
  • healthiermeep
    Options
    Thanks for sharing I sent you a request I think maybe the not eating well throughout the day really didn't help my cause. I ate much better today I will add breakfast in tomorrow I just woke up late today.