Need help on deciding which HRM to purchase!

Options
mady2806
mady2806 Posts: 23 Member
I was wondering who out there uses an HRM and which brand do you suggest?

Replies

• cls0824
    cls0824 Posts: 19
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 which is what my trainer suggested I get. I've been using it for about a month now and love it.
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I would be interested to see what sort of responses you get
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    go polar or go home
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You can't go wrong w/ Polar. Supposed to be the best, and I've been using my F6 for 2 years now and love it!
  • muskogee
    muskogee Posts: 11
    Options
    Polar
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I just got a Sport Line 1025 and really like it! But I have heard a lot about a Timex one (maybe someone will have model) that is half the price and supposed to be great. A lot of people say Polar but the watch part was way to big for my wrist
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    Just bought and used my Polar FT4 today - loved it. It's comfortable and easy to work. I bought mine off of OverStock.
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    http://www.consumersearch.com/heart-rate-monitors Check out his link for reviews
  • nikkijedlo
    nikkijedlo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I did a lot of research before getting mine. I am cheap to the core and it was really tough to order one, but I'm so glad I did. I decided on the Polar FT4. Got it from Amazon for $77. It's not as fancy as some of the others, but it gives me heart rate range, heart rate, calories burned, duration of workout, and time of day. All of which I can flip between while working out. It stores workout data so that I can enter it later into MFP. It was a real eye opener to see what I'm actually burning compared to the machine displays and what MFP calculates. My burn is less now, but at least I know it's accurate. :)
  • heatherzotigh
    Options
    I'm a Timex person! whichever way you go just be sure to get one the comes with a chest strap--far more accurate... a few other things to look into is water resistance, and if you can change the battery yourself or if you have to send it back in...
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Thu 05/05/11 07:18 PMI'm a Timex person! whichever way you go just be sure to get one the comes with a chest strap--far more accurate... a few other things to look into is water resistance, and if you can change the battery yourself or if you have to send it back in...

Me too heatherzotigh, mine is the Timex T5G971. It is rated as a Best buy