Motivation Tricks

Options
izu87
izu87 Posts: 267 Member
edited January 2015 in Motivation and Support
With so many people asking for help with motivation, I thought that a topic where we can share our motivation tricks will be quite good :)

I'm normally not all that easy to get the motivation to do something - honestly, I'm lazy. But this time around I'm quite pumped to do all this. It has never really been so easy to just stick to calories, workout, ignore chocolate and so on. :)

And this time I've got a little side project to keep me motivated: Jar Bank.

I bought one of those tin jars/containers for coffee and decided to do the following: Every time that I workout I put in $5, every time I skip a workout I put in $10 (higher fee as a penalty). In this way normally I'd have a weekly saving enough to buy at least one new piece of clothing, so at the end of this journey I will be able to change my wardrobe without feeling the expenses too badly. So I get to save some cash, and my wallet gets thinner during the week, thus not letting me buy extra food that I can binge on. Kind of a win-win situation :)

Oh, I've also covered my jar with motivational quotes, so every time I look at it I get to read with big letters 'Don't give up!'

:)

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=36283857

Replies

• Polishchik
    Polishchik Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Money is said to be the best motivator, best if it's someone else's though!

Good luck!
  • verito654
    Options
    amazing :smiley:
  • DeliVibes
    DeliVibes Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Great idea I'm going to try this!
  • izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    ^_^ Glad you like it!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Honestly the best motivator for me is knowing why I am doing it and seeing the results.

Use what works for you, but everyone can have success if you control your expectations and build from baby steps until you get your first 1lb.