1st weigh in

Options
Hi i joined mfp last week.. Had my 1st weigh in this week and im abit dissapointed. I lost 3lb which is ok but ive been out running everyday day and really stuck to my calories so expected more!!

Replies

• maxphia32
    maxphia32 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    3lbs is a great loss! Just keep doing what you are doing, and watch the weight drop over time.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I would only be concerned if weight loss doesn't match your calorie deficit.
  • Tylerbrook01
    Tylerbrook01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Well done, keep it up
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    3 lb is a great loss, well done. Weight loss is not a race. You didn't gain weight in a week so don't expect to lose it so quickly.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    File that one under "unrealistic expectations" and forget it.

Go for 1 to 2 pounds a week, on average, and you will be much better off on all fronts.
  • harriyot
    harriyot Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    3lbs is great. You don't want to lose too much at once or you risk putting it back on quicker and your skin will go weird and droopy. Also, remember that you may just be kick-starting your body and it will take a while to get used to the extra exercise. The body holds onto fat for dear life. It's going, but slowly. So keep it up and don't worry.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    3lbs your first week is amazing. I'm only down 5lbs and it's been 38 days. Keep up the good work and quit your unrealistic expectations. ANY southerly movement of the scale is a great thing.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    3 pounds a week is a lot! Keep doing what you're doing.
  • sammyj19902015
    sammyj19902015 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.. I just felt alot thinner and have done more exercise and less food than my sister on her diet and she lost 5lb so i suppose i just worked myself up for a bigger loss
  • MadMaximus83
    MadMaximus83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'll trade ya...I lost .8...lol. 3 pounds in a week is a great loss! Be proud of the hard work and changes you have made...you are doing great :).
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Read the tortoise and the hare fable one more time. You are doing very well.
  • njmark72
    njmark72 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged... There are a lot of factors at play here. What are you eating? Do you take in a lot of sodium? Sodium causes you to retain water causing you to weight more. In all honesty, 3 lbs is pretty good in a week. Keep with it. It will come off.
  • troutrouter
    Options
    Firstly, congrats on the 3 lbs. Secondly, don't compare yourself to others. Each individual loses/gains weight at their own rate. As long as you feel good and your clothes fit better then you have succeeded.
  • sammyj19902015
    sammyj19902015 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.. I have been dieting on and off for about 8 years lol so 3lb doesnt seem much lol! I lost 3 stone for my wedding then stupidly put it all back on so here it goes again