Did you lose weight for yourself or someone else?

Options
May33338
May33338 Posts: 300 Member
edited January 2015 in Chit-Chat
A female friend of mine asked me this just this morning when I was in the coffee room.
I told her I did it for myself because I just really wanted to be able to run like I used to, and wear all the clothes I'd stuffed into my attic.
She told me she had lost 2 Stones to impress a guy.

What about you guys? For yourself? For your confidence? Maybe to woo a pretty lady or get a person's attention?

Replies

• anadoesit
    anadoesit Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm sure most people will give the obvious answer that they did it for themselves, to feel better, to be healthier, happier and more confident. I'm the same.

The fact that it'll put a few people at work back into their boxes (because I'd lost and gotten fit and have had a tough year and backslid a lot and it's been remarked upon)...that's just icing on the cake.

Doing it for me and of course, then, it'll improve all of my relationships if I'm happier, healthier and more active.
  • Sweetsluv
    Sweetsluv Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    If I am honest I will say that looking good for my man is just as important as looking good for myself. Not because of any pressure from him, but because he deserves it.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Initially I did it for my wife and to revive our love life. Now m doing it for myself as well.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    While she's out trying to impress him, he's somewhere else trying to impress someone else.
    No.
    Do it for yourself or just don't bother at all.
  • EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    No matter what the reasons are, it all comes back to me. If I did it for my wife, kids, or anyone it ultimately means I'm positively affecting my life too.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Me myself and I.... That is it.
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    For me. It would never stick if I tried to do it for anyone else but me.
  • methodman78
    methodman78 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I did it for me and my daughter, ultimately for myself though as she'll love me no matter what I look like,
    if i'm healthy i'll live longer (hopefully) and see her grow up,
    It also feels good to inspire others
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Just for me. To look better and feel better and improve my health. And I've kind of become addicted to having muscles. I like 'em. ;)
  • bornofthorns
    bornofthorns Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I actually started off doing it for my mother, as she was very concerned about my weight. Then, as I started to notice how much better I felt, I did it for me. However, I usually think of how much better my love life is for every lb I drop. B)
  • GuyIncognito123
    GuyIncognito123 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for the babes. All of them. B)
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    I'm doing it for the babes. All of them. B)

9b9942493e14caf405659a7df1bc8880.png
  • blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for me. I know how great I feel after a workout, and how amazing I feel seeing the results. I find running to be my stress reliever, and it feels great to have the time running as a time for just me.
  • methodman78
    Options
    mmmm bacon!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    For myself. My husband loves me whatever weight I am, but I hate feeling fat, and, well, I'm vain lol. I also want to be a good role model for my children.
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have lots of reasons for starting this journey but they all started with doing it for me. I had to be the one to decide that enough was enough and do something about it.
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    mmmm bacon!

He did say "All of them".. xD

37aaa430f307dd0c9b49911c406d2e98.png
  • methodman78
    Options
    I turn Bacon in to pancake toppings :)
    ps i've kissed worse
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    ^ Do I want to ask? LOL
    No.. No.. Wait, I do want to ask. But I will not.
    -restrains self-
  • GuyIncognito123
    GuyIncognito123 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    lol.. didn't see that coming. :p