Help me make a 300 or 350-calorie omelette!

Options

Replies

• binxle
    binxle Posts: 2
    Options
    Egg whites, spinach, and turkey bacon cut into small pieces.
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Add a third egg. I usually use three eggs or two egg whites and a regular egg.

Also, asparagus is awesome in eggs.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    bossejo wrote: »
    I'd put a cup of sauted veggies as a mix of onions, zuchinis, tomatoes and pepper... would be really tasty if u cut them in small pieces :)

I was going to say this same thing. Carmelize some red onions or saute red onions with garlic, bell pepper (the mushrooms too). That makes a difference.

or...just roasted red bell pepper or sun dried tomato from a jar for quick and easy.

Regardless, for me - no omelet is complete without avocado and a healthy amount of freshly ground black pepper.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Take your pick(s).
    Some oil for the pan.
    More cheese.
    Bacon, ham, or sausage or whatever meat you like.
    Veggies like onions, tomatoes, peppers, etc. to add flavor.
    Add another egg.
    Cream Cheese.
    Guacamole and hot sauce.
    Salsa and sour cream on top.
    Add some heavy whipping cream when whisking. Makes scrambled eggs and omelettes delicious and a little fluffier.
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    sauteed onions = LOTS OF FLAVOR. same with garlic.

and toss in some veggies while sauteeing.... bell pepper, asapragus, spinach, avocado, whatever your heart desires.

and of course, fresh ground black pepper.
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    ops, don't sautee the avocado. :) but do add it to the omelette !!
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Adding ham or bacon would make it perfect! I sometimes top mine with some cottage cheese.

My typical omelet is around 200 cals though.
    I whip up 2 eggs with some chives or basil, cayenne pepper, 5 or 6 drops of Tabasco sauce (I like a little spice), garlic powder and salt. Cook it with cooking spray...if I want some more fat, I'll use a little butter.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Ever try a greek omelette (feta cheese, spinach, tomato or any other greek flavoring you can think of), or western omelette (ham, onion, peppers, and I like mushrooms in it too)?

Canadian or turkey bacon can be used instead of real bacon or use more cheese that is part skim or low fat.

Edited to add: turkey sausage is great too! :D
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    bossejo wrote: »
    I'd put a cup of sauted veggies as a mix of onions, zuchinis, tomatoes and pepper... would be really tasty if u cut them in small pieces :)

What she said

• lotteyneedstoloseweight
    Options
    spring onion, and tomato
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have an omelet almost every morning and like my breakfast to be at around 400 calories. For me, the omelet is usually around 200-250 or so (I use 2 eggs, vegetables, and feta cheese), so face a similar question. Mostly what I like to do is add something that adds protein, since the eggs alone don't have all that much. So typically I get 100 calories or so from either smoked salmon or dairy (cottage cheese or greek yogurt), which I have on the side, although you could put the meat in the omelet, of course. Then, depending on the overall calories, I might add some berries--which I know you don't want--or lately winter squash, since I have some roasted in the refrigerator I need to use up.

Adding another egg is a good idea too, however.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Canadian bacon. you can have three!
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Oh, and black olives are good in omelettes, too.
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    soidade wrote: »
    So, I'm trying to come up with an omelette that's under 300-350 calories. (Please don't say "why 300-350 calories?" I have my reasons, but I don't want to argue!)

At the moment, I have:
    Two large eggs - 187 calories
    1/8 cup shredded cheese - 43
    1/2 cup mushrooms - 10 calories

For a total of 240 calories.

What else can I add to make it flavorful/filling for 60-110 more calories? No dessert/fruit stuff, please!

Is fruit in an omelette a thing? I kind of want to experiment with this now.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I love spinach in an omelette. And onions are a must!
  • jmauerhan
    jmauerhan Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Spinach, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I saute 1/2 cup of zucchini, 1/4 cup of red pepper and 2 tbsp. of onion in a little coconut oil and use that as my filling along with some shredded cheese. Go easy on the oil and you should be able to get that to come out to around 350.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    My omelets are more veggies than eggs. I usually add a touch of cashew milk to make the eggs fluffier. Then lots of chopped sauteed veggies - onions, zucchini, broccoli, mushrooms, and red pepper are my fav. I would pass on the cheese and add avocado myself.
  • amoods05
    amoods05 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    spinach & goat cheese!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    bacon grease- more eggs- bacon- veggies- big glass of milk.
    - done.
    My omelets are more veggies than eggs

lol me too sometimes- I use easily a cup plus for 2-4 eggs- sometimes it really is just egg kind of holding all the veggies together. It's amusing (least to me anyway LOL)