Probably been asked a million times, but who records fruit and veg?

Options
One of my friends doesn't ("Err it's healthy, why would I record it?") but I think I should start

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I log everything I put in my mouth... Giggity.
  • agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You should log everything. A banana and an apple can be 200+ calories.
  • JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I record everything. Some fruits especially are quite calorific - look at avocados!!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Actually I haven't seen this question before here. Of course you log everything you, ahem, put in your mouth, provided it continues down the throat and into the stomach.
  • redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    It depends on how important it is to fit within calorie/macro goals. a large apple and a large banana could potentially total 200 calories - have a large carrot and a sweet potato, that could be another 200... that's up to a possible 400 cals right there, which for me is like 25% of my daily intake. So I always log fruit and veg.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Ofc you should, it has calories and if you eat enough it has significant calories. If you want an accurate record of how much you are consuming then you should record it.

Everyone finds their own plan, though, so he cna do it if hes satisfued with those results, but for me it would be too incomplete.
  • Jaysus_The_Jay
    Jaysus_The_Jay Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do ('spesh avocado lordy) but he's convinced that because we're pounded with "five fruits and veg a day" that it doesn't count

At least he's eating it, I guess...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    It would pretty much wipe out any deficit I could have if I didn't...
  • raisealittlehell
    raisealittlehell Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Five servings of fruit and veg is great if you can get it in but the calories still count. Like with anything else, if you are trying to lose weight and want an accurate record, then record the fruit. Just because something is "good" for you doesn't mean that it can't make you gain weight.

I log all my fruits and veggies along with everything else I eat because it helps me stay accountable.
  • cccoursey
    cccoursey Posts: 116 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    I log everything I put in my mouth... Giggity.

The all you can can eat zero calorie foods are the best!

However, yes, log everything!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Everything. Even 0 calorie beverages.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options

I even log my vitamins lol
  • suzy0317
    suzy0317 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm of the other thought process.... I follow the weight watcher method of food tracking so I do not log fruits and veggies. That being said - I only eat one - maybe 2 servings of fruit a day and the same with veggies.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options

I even log my vitamins lol

Me too. Except Ibuprofen. I don't log that! :smile:
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I log everything I put in my mouth... vitamins, water, fruit... etc. Fruit is healthy but a banana has over 100 cals (depending on size) and an apple is like 90 calories. That adds up!
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I log everything. I wouldn't be in deficit if I didn't log fruits+veg. I also log vitamins, and cough drops.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    The last thread about tracking fruits and veggies got deleted because a fight broke out between people who said, "You can't get fat eating broccoli" and people who said, "I track everything, even broccoli."

I am of the "tracking everything" party because I eat a ton of raw fruits and veggies. I probably eat about 100-200 cals of fruit a day and 300-500 calories of veggies.
  • jmauerhan
    jmauerhan Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Especially fruit!

I log everything including coffee (because I add sugar/creamer or mix it with cappucino) and vitamins. I don't record diet sodas or water.

Fruit has tons of calories.
  • JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't you? As everyone else said, certain fruits and veggies are high in calories and can wipe out a deficit if you feel like you can eat a lot of them. Plus, if you're paying attention to nutrition, not logging them might make it look like you're low on fiber/vitamins/whatever you're paying attention to on your log.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I log fruits and veggies that have an impact but not so strict on the ones that don't. If I have an ounce of onion I don't bother. If i have a potato I do.